Popping

On Monday morning I got out of bed, still enjoying the novelty of not feeing nauseous anymore  and went to look in the mirror.

What I did not expect to see was my perfectly small but definitely new shaped stomach. I am not going to be able to hide this for much longer.

Panicking, I called June.

'Oh honey, you popped. It happens to everyone.' Her reassuring voice calmed me instantly. After hanging up, I picked up my school shirt, examining it for a minute before I put it on praying it closed, shocker it didn't.

' This is not good. 'I mumbled and began the search for something loose I could wear over the shirt without getting in trouble for breaking the uniform code. Again. I came across a yellow hooded jumper and decided it was the best I could do. I popped it over my uniform and went downstairs, grabbing a piece of toast as I ran out to meet Lee.

I was halfway through biology, my last class of the day, and I can't say I was really listening to what Ms Harland was saying until I heard my name.

' Elle '

' Yes '

'I don't believe that jumper is in the uniform regulations? '

' Well no but I'm freezing. '

' Elle, remove it. '

' I'm afraid thats not possible. '

' Ms Evans, either remove the jumper or take yourself down to the principal's office! ' I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and walked out. I walked straight through the school and out the front entrance, tears spilling out my eyes. It wasn't like me to get in trouble. I walked down the front steps and not looking where I was going I walked straight into what felt like a brick wall.

'Shelly ditching class.. what a surprise. '

' Noah! Oh my god.' I leaped into his arms and I never had any intention of letting him go. He swung me around, kissing me as he spun. ' I've missed you so much ' he smiled barely letting his lips leave mine.

' You have no idea. ' He laughed as he put me down.

' Ok before I take you out on the most wonderful date of your life, what has my girl so upset? '

' Just dumb teachers.. I'm okay, let's just go.' Noah took my hand and we walked back down the steps. He held the car door open for me. ' Now m'lady.. where shall we go first? '

' Somewhere with ice cream please. '

' I know just the place. ' 

Forty minutes and a double scoop of ice cream later, Noah and I were sitting at the edge of the boardwalk swinging our legs over the side.

' So what brought you back a day early? ' I asked.

' Well my mom called, she said she was out with you at the weekend and she thought you were really needing a Noah sized hug and that I should get back as soon as I can.. so here I am. I aim to please. ' He shot me his signature smirk.

We sat and chatted for hours in the sunshine, catching up on all the things we spoke about by phone. One thing I had found out was that being pregnant makes you so damn tired and quickly. I guess the baby is eating up all your energy or whatever.

' Hey Noah, can we go back to my house. ' Noah winked and stood up, he clearly had a different plan to mine.

______________

By the time we got back I was exhausted, I walked straight up the stairs and got into my bed. Noah followed me and got in on the other side, ready to provide all the cuddles I so badly wanted. I passed out after five minutes.

When I woke up it was dark out, clearly I had slept longer than planned. I turned over to look at Noah who I could hear breathing behind me. The sight I saw was completely different to what I expected. There I saw Noah sitting up in the bed staring at my sonogram picture in his hands. Fuck.. I had left it under my pillow before going to sleep last night. I jumped up.                                     

' Noah! '

' Elle... Elle is this yours? '

' Noah you weren't supposed to find out like this.'

' Mine?'

'Who the fuck do you think I am, of course it's yours...' I spat.

' Fuck this.' Noah got up threw his shirt on and walked out.

' NOAH PLEASE DON'T LEAVE. .. NOAH' I cried, but he was gone.