Sleep Soundly

Two days later and Noah had made no contact. I couldn't take it anymore. I climbed up out of bed, admittedly very dizzy since I had barely moved in the last 48 hours. Lee had called a few times but I told him I had stomach flu and not to come near me. I grabbed my car keys and left the house. I took the scenic route to the Flynn's house. Neither of the boy's cars were there and that was fine because it wasn't them I was looking for, I rang the doorbell and a couple of seconds later June answered the door. I stood staring at hers, my bottom lip folded over like a two year old. I started to sob. ' He's not talking to me June. '

' I know honey, he won't tell me anything. ' She brought me into the sitting room and sat down, I sat down beside her and we spoke for hours which eventually ended up with me asleep across her lap with her stroking my hair. It was the best sleep I'd had in a while.

[ Narrative POV: Noah walked in while Elle was asleep, he opened the sitting room door and June quickly moved her finger to her lips, warning him to be quiet. He stood and stared at Elle. June could see the hurt in his eye. More importantly, Noah could see the small bump where Elle was holding her arms around her torso.

' I know you know ' June warned him.

' You do? '

' She could't tell anyone, only that I found her buying a test. Noah you have to fix this, she didn't do this by herself. '

' I know mom, I feel terrible I was just so shocked and I-'

' You're a big boy Noah. She needs you right now. Now first things first, carry her up to bed. She can sleep with you from now on. It's not like there can be anymore damage done. '

Noah leaned down and picked up Elle who now seemed far more fragile than she did eating ice cream yesterday. He lay her in his bed and got in beside her. She let out and shiver so he got straight in wrapped his whole body around her. He could feel her press her body closer into him. He couldn't tell if she was awake or not, he didn't dare try and find out. ] Back to Elle POV:

When I woke up it took me a second to realise where I was, and who I was with. ' Noah? '

' Hey Shelly. ' He whispered gently. I gave a small smile and pressed into him again.

'Shelly I don't know what to say to you to make the last two days better. I'm so sorry and I've been thinking a lot and I know you're scared and I'm scared too but I also know that we can totally do this. You and me. ' He held me so tightly ' I'm so sorry you've had to do this all alone. '

' Not exactly alone, your mom has been amazing and Noah it's okay, I knew you weren't exactly  going to find out and jump up and down with joy right away. '

' I hope it's a girl. ' Noah blabbed.

' So do I actually. '

We didn't get up for another two hours. June even brought us breakfast in bed. She was just glad we were talking again. As she was leaving she turned back to us, ' oh by the way guys, you have to tell Lee. Today. We're not going through last summers drama all over again. '