Prom Is For The Young Folk

I stepped down the stairs in my dress, it only reached just past my knee which meant I had to wear heels with it. It was a good excuse to not let go of Noah's hand for the whole night.

' Everytime I think you couldn't look more beautiful, you prove me wrong.' Noah said as he kissed the top of my head. ' Come on, lets go to prom . '

The theme this year was beach nights, there was sand, beachballs , cocktails and a coco cabana bar. It was incredible.

Noah and I danced with Lee and Rachel the whole night. Around eleven I noticed Warren was staring at me from the corner of the room, I pretended not to notice him, until I noticed a familiar voice behind me.

' Such a shame we never got to go in that hot tub on the beach Elle, I always thought you were so hot. You're just damaged goods now. Flynn is welcome to you, depends which one of them is the father. '

Before I could even register what he had said, Noah was down on him. ' NOAH ' I screamed. ' NOAH STOP PLEASE. ' There was no point though, once Noah started fighting he couldn't hear anything around him. Lee jumped in to pull me away as Noah threw another punch. ' He deserves it Elle, you know he does. '

Then it hit me, ' NOAH YOU'RE GONNA STRESS OUT THE BABY' I yelled. His raised fist froze in mid air, he stayed still for a second before picking up Warren and shoving him across the now open circle of people watching. ' You're not worth it' he hissed and turned back to me.

' I'm sorry Shelly.. I couldn't let him speak to you like that. '

' Noah I'm so proud of you, you were able to stop yourself. I've never seen you do that before. '

He pulled me into his chest, ' well I'm a dad now. I have to teach a mini human not to fight. ' I smiled and rubbed my eyes. He could see I was tired.

' Come on Shelly, I'll take you home. ' I hugged Rachel and Lee goodnight even though they were coming back to the Flynn's later.

When we got home June and Matthew were sitting in the living room.

' Hey guys, did you have a good time. ' Matthew asked.

' We sure did.' Noah smiled back. June stood up and walked over, giving me a hug. ' Oh Elle I am so proud of you .' She turned to Noah and delivered the same hug. ' You must be so excited for tomorrow? '

' A little nervous, but yes excited too. ' I smiled.

' You both look so grown up. ' I could see her eyes tearing up. ' Now, go and sleep, big day tomorrow. '

We ran up the stairs laughing.

' How cool are we in bed on prom night before 2 am. '

' The life of parents ' Noah laughed and planted a kiss on my tummy.

' Parents.' I whispered. We're going to be parents.