The One You All Waited For

' Crap, crap , crap. ' I cried, another contraction like pain heaving through my body. I grabbed my phone and dialled Noah's number, then again and again. He wasn't answering. ' Are you kidding me right now? ' I decided to call the next best person, even though I knew they were mad at me.

' Lee? '

' What Elle? '

' Lee please, I need your help. '

' Elle, why should I help you right now? '

' Lee, I know you're mad, and you should be. Lee I think my waters have broken and Noah won't answer his phone. I'm in so much pain. '

' Elle, I'll be right there, I'm just getting dressed. I'll stay on the phone to you until I get there, okay? '

' Okay. '

' You're gonna be fine. '

' I'm scared.. '

' Don't be scared. '

Lee did what he said and stayed on the phone right until he walked in the door.

' Elle ! ' He said coming over and hugging me.

' Lee '

' You're soaking. '

' I know, help me stand. ' Just as he got me to my feet, another sharp pain ripped through my body. I screamed out in pain.

' Lee, where is Noah? ' I whimpered.

' I don't know Elle, he left my place hours ago.. but we'll find him. ' Suddenly Lee looked down at my bed confused. ' Elle, Maddie's bottle leaked .. that's why you're soaking? '

' Oh thank god ' I cried, so relieved that it wasn't my waters.

' That doesn't explain your pain, I'm bringing you to the hospital.' I nodded knowing he was right.

Somehow Lee managed to hold Maddie in one arm, and assisted me to walk in the other. We had to take my car since we had Maddie. Luckily the hospital wasn't far away and a nurse recognised me and got me a bed straight away. Poor Maddie didn't know what was going on, she was standing there in her pyjamas, clutching her teddy bear and rubbing her eyes. Lee lifted her up and put her in the bed beside me and she fell back asleep. My poor baby. More pain went through me. I was running a fever now. Lee brushed my hair off my sweaty forehead and rubbed me with his thumb. The doctor who examined me had been and gone. He arrived back around forty minutes later.

' Hi there, Mrs Flynn. How are we feeling? '

' Pretty awful. '

' Elle, I suspected that you had started early labour judging by the severity of the pain you were describing, we've done some tests and I can confirm you are suffering with Braxton Hicks, also known as practice contractions.. '

' I've heard of them.. '

' Yours are pretty severe Elle, but they won't do you any harm. Having the fever is perfectly normal with them. Usually they pass after a couple of hours. I'm comfortable to let you home now, so long as you drink plenty of liquids. Ok? '

' It would be great to get Maddie home, thank you Dr Norton. '

' Not a problem. Look after yourself. '

Again Lee helped me walk to the car, we were driving towards my apartment when he took a right.

' Lee, you missed the turn. '

' Elle, come sleep in your dad's tonight. Let me keep an eye on you guys. ' Weirdly that sounded really nice, it was at least six am by now and all I wanted to do was sleep. When we got to the house, I climbed into bed while Lee put Maddie into the crib, even if she was a little too big for it now. He climbed into my bed too, wrapping his arms around me.. not in a romantic way or anything it was what we were used to.