Graduation Part Two

The party looked incredible, there were decorations everywhere. Even a huge banner saying congratulations Lee & Elle. The pool area was lit up with lanterns and there was a giant cake, which was clearly my favourite part. Around ten thirty I began to get the cramps again that I had earlier this morning, they were a lot worse now though. I went looking for Noah and eventually found him talking to his uncles in the kitchen.

' Hey Noah, can I talk to you for a second? '

' Whats up Elle? '

' I'm gonna head to bed okay, I'm not feeling too great. '

' You aren't ? What's up Elle, do you need to go to the ER. It's not like you to miss a party. I'm worried about you. '

' Don't be, it's just cramps.. I'll be fine in a bit. Stay down here and socialise some more for me .. I love you. '

' I love you too.' He kissed my forehead.

I went upstairs and headed straight for the bathroom. I was wiping my make up off in the mirror when suddenly a pain ruptured my whole body. I let out a cry. The baby kicked assuring me she was okay so I decided it was just one of those things until half an hour later it happened again. This time I was lying in bed and I leaped out. ' Are these contractions ? ' I thought.. ' Surely not, I have a couple of weeks before I'm due. I pulled Noah's jersey on and climbed into bed. I fell straight asleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I don't think I slept for long though because when I woke up again the party was still going, maybe the cramps had passed and I could go back down for a while. As I headed for the bathroom the cramps struck again only this time.. so much worse. I screamed out in pain and fell to the floor just as Noah walked into the room. ' ELLE' He ran over to me.

' Noah please don't touch me. '

' I'm calling an ambulance. '

' NO Noah ..don't, please just drive me there. I don't want people to know. Let's just go and we can call our parents when we get there. '

He sighed and helped me stand up, I was gripping onto him until I sat back down on the bed. He handed me a pair of tracksuit bottoms to put on. As I was slipping my trainers on I had another cramp. This time I grabbed onto Noah and wouldn't let go, he held me tightly.

' Elle.. are you having those things they told us about in the birthing classes?

' Contractions ? '

' Thats the one. '

I bit my lip for a second before I looked him in the eye and nodded. ' I think I so. ' Noah hugged me. I asked him ' are you as scared as I am. ' It was his turn to nod.

Noah walked me down to the garage in the basement and got in the car. We managed to leave without anyone noticing.

The hospital was about twenty minutes away, I got what I had now decided to admit were contractions again in the car. They were about half an hour apart which from what I remembered meant they were close together now.

When we arrived in the hospital I was relieved to see a different receptionist on, she called for a wheelchair to be brought down to me which Noah then pushed up to room 405 as directed.

A nurse came in and gave me a hospital gown and took some blood for blood tests. I texted Lee [ Hey, I'm in the hospital.. I have a feeling you're going to be a godfather sooner than you thought.. keep it on the DL.. love you ] He didn't reply but I didn't think he had his phone on him. Noah was pacing around the room, he kept rubbing his face and staring out the window.

' Noah ' I called him. I held out my hand and he walked over and took it and kissed it. ' Noah don't be scared okay, we'll do this. '

' I don't want to see you in any more pain Elle. '

' It's a bit too late to prevent this pain ' I laughed and pulled him in for a hug. We were hugging when the doctor came into the room.

' Well Ms Evans I have had a look at all your tests and it looks like you are in labour. '