Graduation Part One

Graduation day was upon us and Rachel and I were helping hang decorations up around the garden. Only I wasn't really allowed do anything.

' Noah I'm fine, just let me hang up the streamers.. '

' Elle theres no way I am letting you up that ladder. '

' Noahhhh' I moaned. Lee walked over and took the streamers out of my hands and winked.

' Go and relax Elle, we have this under control. ' Noah said as he kissed my forehead. I decided I would have a nap because the baby was moving like crazy and I had serious cramps from it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Noah came up to wake me after a few hours. I kicked him out once I was wide awake so I could get ready.

First I washed and dried my hair, then I curled it into loose falling ringlets. I sat down on the floor in front of the mirror and spilled the contents of my make up on the floor. I was never a big make up wearer before Noah, and Noah would never have expected me to wear make up just for him, but I liked being able to dress up for dates and stuff. Up until recently I wore it everyday, now I was just too lazy. I kept my make up simple and natural with a little blush for colour.

I popped on my high heals, and did a couple of circles around the room. ' I'll bring some flats.. just in case ' I thought as I wobbled. I slipped the dress over my head, did one last check in the mirror and walked down the stairs. Noah was standing in the door frame of the kitchen talking to June, he was wearing his beige chinos and a blue shirt. He knew I loved that outfit. I tapped him on the shoulder ' hey handsome .'

Noah turned and his eyes almost popped out of his head, he didn't say anything for a while. I giggled at him as if it was an awkward first date. ' Elle.. you look .. you look so beautiful. '

' Thank you, your mom helped me find the dress. '

' You guys did a good job, you look incredible. ' I spun around.

'You don't look so bad yourself Mr Flynn... although you are going to have to help me walk around in these shoes. ' I laughed. Noah leaned down and whispered in my ear.

' You're so screwed when I get you to bed tonight ' He winked just as June walked out of the kitchen. 'Oh Elle, you look like a princess ' she turned to Noah ' do you ever know how lucky you are? '

Noah looked back at me, ' yeah mom, trust me I do. '

' Oh you two.. June wiped away a tear. ' LEE, MATHEW ARE YOU READY? '

They appeared in the patio doors.

' Looking well Lee.. for once. '

' Not too bad yourself Elle. At least I can drink tonight. ' I scowled at him in return.

Noah and I drove down separately in my car. He walked me into the room where I got my cap and gown. He hugged me. ' Knock 'em dead Elle Belle. ' When I got into the hall I found the seat that Lee and kept for me beside him and Rachel. We listened to speech after speech until it was finally time to go up on stage one by one.

' Elle Evans ' My principal called out. Lee walked me up the steps. As I took my diploma I heard Noah call ' THAT'S MY GIRL' from the front row. Lee came after me, Rachel came a few people after. After the ceremony we were led out to the back of the school for photos. After I had photos taken with Lee, Lee and Rachel, Rachel and I, My dad, Brad and I, and me on my own, Noah finally announced ' LET ME HAVE A PICTURE WITH MY GIRL... both.. my girls. ' He smiled so I posed for pictures for a further ten minutes.

' I'm so fucking proud of you Elle, you've faced so much and yet here you are.' He pulled me in for a kiss.

' Elle your mom would be so proud of you. ' My dad smiled. ' You look just like her. ' That made me cry..