Home Sweet Home

I was worried that Noah would go back into the house and start another fight with his dad but luckily he arrived back to mine straight behind me. I had barely been in my room since Noah had come home. It wasn't full of baby things, just old posters and lights hanging over my bed. Noah carried our stuff up and set up the crib so I could lay Maddie down. The whole situation was completely unsettling and I couldn't help but shed a few tears. I didn't want Noah to see because it was far worse for him.

' Baby please don't cry. ' Noah wrapped his arms around me, I'm so sorry for the way my dad acted.

' No Noah, I'm sorry for you. You didn't deserve that. I am so proud of you, so is Maddie. You know that don't you. '

' My two girls. ' He picked up Maddie and sat down on the bed with us both. I reached over and grabbed her bottle and handed it to him to feed her. ' We sat there in silence for a while before the doorbell rang.

' My dad must have forgotten his key. I'll grab it. ' I climbed off the bed and went to open the door. To my surprise I was met with Lee and Rachel.

' Got any rooms in the inn? ' He smirked.

' Come on in. ' I helped them in with their bags and brought them up to our spare bedroom. Then they followed me into my room where Noah was still giving Maddie her bottle.

' Well at least you left before dad kicked you out. ' Lee sighed.

' What.. he kicked you out? '

' Yup, told me I might as well get a head start on moving to Berkeley. '

' Mom let you go? '

' No, she was crying but she knew better than to argue with dad right now. I'll text her in a bit, let her know we're all here. '

' How did this happen? ' I took Maddie and Rachel and I went downstairs to leave the boys to talk. My dad was in the kitchen.

' Hey dad. '

' Hey sweetheart, hey Rachel. Are you okay? I hope you're not too shook up. '

' A little, not as much as the boys are. It just came as a bit of a surprise. '

' I could have killed Mathew for what he was saying about you to Noah. We're all so proud of how mature you've been about the whole situation.'

' I hope you don't mind Lee and I crashing in the spare bedroom tonight. I was supposed to be staying at Lee's tonight. I didn't bring a house key and my parents are away. '

' Of course Rachel, it's lovely to have you all here. The house is quiet without Elle Belle. '

' Thanks dad. '

' You can pay me back with baby cuddles.' He said as he extending his arms to take Maddie. ' She's good down here with me and Brad for a while. Go up and comfort the boys. June is pretty cut up about the whole thing Elle. Keep in touch with her won't you. It's a really difficult situation for her. '

' Of course. '

We went back upstairs and the boys were still chatting.

' You guys wanna watch a movie or something? ' I asked, hoping to distract their minds for a while.

' No thanks Elle, I'm actually pretty tired. I'm gonna go sleep. ' Lee announced, taking Rachel's hand and leading her into the other room.

' You better not have sex, your bed is on the other side of this wall. ' I laughed and said goodnight to them.

' No promises ' Lee winked.

' GET OUT ' I laughed shutting the door behind him. I went and sat on Noah's lap.

' Elle I'm still bringing you away tomorrow, let's bring Maddie though okay? '

' Noah you have way too much going on, you really don't have to. '

' No Shelly, I promised you. Besides the hotel is already booked. '

' Hotel ? '

' 5 stars '

' Noah, you really didn't have to.. '

' I know, I wanted to. ' He said kissing me. ' Now go and steal our baby back from your dad so we can go asleep. '

I could tell Noah was exhausted and he was half asleep before I got back upstairs. He was trying to be strong for everyone and I would never expect him to do that. Once Noah and Maddie were both asleep I decided to text June.

Hey June, everyone asleep here. The boys are upset but they'll feel better in the morning. Sleep well. Love you