The Honeymoon

It was day three of our honeymoon, I was climbing back up the steps to our bungalow after swimming. Bora Bora was more beautiful than any picture I'd ever seen. Noah was inside making something for lunch.

' Smells good baby. What'cha making? '

' A Noah Flynn special ... BLT with extra bacon, avocado, fries and halloumi . '

' Oh my god, amazing. ' I sat down at the table and Noah plopped the plate in front of me and took the seat next to me.

We had been eating in a comfortable silence for a couple of minutes when Noah piped up.

' Elle I have something to tell you. ' My entire stomach dropped.

' Whats wrong.. '

' No nothing is wrong Elle. ' Noah chuckled. ' I have something good to tell you. '

' Go on .. '

' Elle I know I've been working a lot this last year, but I was hiding something from you. I got my diploma in computer science.. it's not the Harvard degree I aimed to get, but it's a good diploma. I've been offered a promotion. I'm a junior service manager for apple California. I start next week.

I didn't know what to say, what do you say to someone that you're so proud of, you feel like your heart is going to explode. I jumped up and leaped into his arms. ' NOAH, THAT'S INCREDIBLE. Oh my god.' I was crying now, pretty hysterically I might add. ' I am so proud of you. '

' I've been dying to tell you all week, I wanted to find the perfect time. '

' Noah Flynn, I didn't think I could love you anymore than I did... ' He wrapped his arms around me and in a split second the feeling of intense excitement turned to pure nausea. I ran to the bathroom and threw up as soon as I hit the toilet. Noah followed me in, racked with concern

' Shelly, whats wrong? ' He rubbed my back and I continued to heave. How romantic.

' I don't ... know.. food poisoning maybe? '

' Couldn't be, we had the exact same thing and I feel fine. '

The sickness passed soon after I stopped getting sick, I sat back against the wall and pulled my knees to my chin. Noah sat beside me.

' Are you okay? '

' I am now.. what the hell was that. I had been feeling fine all morning. ' I turned and rested my head on Noah's shoulder and thats when I saw it. The box of tampons. They were still sealed shut.

' Noah, what date is it? '

' The fifteenth.. why? '

' I was due four days ago. '

' What? '

' Period, my period. I'm late? '

' And? '

I shot him a look that brought him up to speed.

' Oh my god. ' He muttered. I went a pasty white.

' Do you think ? '

' I need to do a test. I don't even know if the store here will do them. It's tiny. '

' I'll go, are you okay here by yourself. '

' Yes, just be quick okay. '

Noah hugged me, then got up and left. I stayed on the floor for another while. We hadn't been that careful but we weren't dumb either. I must have skipped a pill and not realised. It's the only explanation. Eventually I got up and turned on the TV, in a desperate attempt to distract myself. It wasn't that having another baby was a negative thing. I mean how much harder could two kids be than one, what worried me was the fact I had been drinking so much lately. I'd had vodka at the wedding, wine and gin all week here. I had also been going to the gym a lot.

It felt like hours when Noah finally came back.

' Sorry the store is miles away. '

' That's okay, I'm glad your home. Did you get one? '

' Yeah, I got two. ' I took the bag from his hands.

' I guess theres no point in waiting any longer. '

' Elle, if this is positive, are you gonna be happy? '

' Yes, scared but happy. Are you? '

' This is everything I ever wanted. '

His answer took me by surprise but it was the reassurance I had been looking for. I went into the bathroom and shut the door. Privacy. I removed the cap and peed on the stick. I made Noah stay outside the whole time which he wasn't all too happy about. I finally let him in when there was a minute left on the timer. He came in and threw his arms around me, holding me tight.

' It's time baby. ' He soothed into my ear. I walked over and picked up the test.

Positive 

A/N Your wish is my command, lets see what Flynn baby number two has in store.