Claude X Reader- Focusing on studying magic (Request)

More info: Claude X Female!Mage!Reader

This is probably the first time I post two oneshots in a day, but since I just happened to have made the two on the same day, I thought I might as well post them on the same day.
This was requested by @PunkMewtwo! I hope Claude isn't OOC in this. That's one of my biggest fears when writing oneshots lol.
Enjoy!

The library would often be empty around dinner time, so that would often be the time where (Y/N) would sometimes revise some magic spells before going to bed, after quickly finishing dinner.

As always, the library was very peaceful and quiet. (Y/N) loved it. It was the perfect atmosphere for studying.

"Well, hello there."

The silence was broken by someone behind her. She turned her head around, seeing her House Leader, Claude.

"Oh, hello, Claude."

She then went back to studying.

"What are you doing?" Claude leaned in to take a closer look at the massive book laying in front of her, open, "Studying Magic?"

(Y/N) sighed, "Yep."

"Do you really think it's a good idea to do that so late? Shouldn't you be sleeping by now?"

She rolled her eyes, "Oh, come on. It's not THAT late."

"Well, all the others are going to bed right now, so-"

(Y/N) turned her head around to look at him once more, "Claude- Go bother someone else, will you? I really need to focus on studying right now."

She was starting to get a little irritated at this point.

"Why do you care for wherever I'm going to sleep late or not anyways? I'm not as young as Lysithea- In fact, I'm actually older then you! So I think I can take care of myself quite fine!"

"Fine, fine. No need to make a whole speech. I was just a bit concerned, that's all. You are important to us; we need you in top form."

"Well don't be. I'm fine, really."

"How long have you been studying for, anyways?"

"Hum... 2 hours, I think? I'm not sure."

"No breaks?"

"None."

"If you really want to stay up a bit late, you should at least take a short break."

"That won't be necessary."

"Wow- you're really stubborn."

(Y/N) frowned, "I am not."

"Yeah, right."

Claude pulled a chair next to (Y/N) on which he sat on.

"Do you need help studying then?"

"No. I'm fine. I don't think you'd be of much help, anyways," she smirked, "I mean, unless you want to be my target practice for tonight."

Claude paled, "Yeah, no."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, annoyed, "Listen, Claude. You're not helping me, you're just making things worse at this point- If you would've kept quiet, I would've been done with studying by now. So if you really want to help me, then keep quiet or leave."

"Fine, I guess I'll leave, then."

"Good, thank you."

When Claude finally left the library, instead of feeling at peace again, she felt a tad bit of guilt wash over her. Maybe she acted a bit too harshly toward him; especially knowing he was her House Leader and the futur leader of the Alliance, while she was just a mere commoner. She now felt ashamed.

Maybe there was a chance she could still catch up to him and apologize? Well, there was only one way to find out.

Claude had just stepped outside, and just as he was about to head to his dorm, he heard someone approach him from behind, breath heavy.

"Claude... Claude, wait!"

Claude stopped himself to turn around, "(Y/N)."

"I... H-Hold on- let me catch my breath. It's been a while since I ran so... so much," (Y/N) said, in between breaths.

"Take your time."

After finally having caught her breath, (Y/N) straightened herself, "Claude, I... I'm really sorry about how I treated your earlier. I was very rude and way too harsh. Will you forgive me?"

Claude chuckled, "Or course I forgive you! It wasn't even that bad really; and to be honest, I kind of knew you'd feel bad later on, so this whole apology wasn't unexpected, really."

"Oh. How in character of you," was she that easy to read?

"Yeah. But anyways, are you going back to studying or you're done for the night?"

"Well... I think I'm done for the night."

Claude smiled, "So you listened to my advice after all."

"I guess you could say that, yeah."

"You're going straight back to your room after this, then?"

(Y/N) blushed slightly, "Well... I was thinking maybe we could spend some time together tonight. Not too long, but you know, like a five minute walk by the fishing pond or something."

The Golden Deer House Leader smiled, "Sure, I'd love that."

"Really? Good. Then let's go, I guess."

Claude nodded, as he approached her. Reaching for her hand, he held onto it, much to her surprise.

"C-Claude? What are you doing?"

"Holding hands is just what you really need when going on walks. Wouldn't you agree?" He spoke, a small smirk appearing on his face.

She chuckled awkwardly, "So you do this with everyone, then?"

"Huh... Yeah," Claude lied.

"So if I ask any of the Golden Deer about this, will they agree with you."

"Oh, definitely."

"If you say so."

The image of Claude holding hands with just about anyone while going on walks sounded funny to her. She knew this was clearly a lie, but she didn't dare bring it up, in fear of running the atmosphere set between them.

The only thing she couldn't hold back was a little laugh, that Claude found awfully adorable.

"Did I say something funny?"

"Not at all, not at all. Let's just go already. Its getting late and as you said, I need to be in top form at any time."