Mercedes X Reader- The reaction (Request)

Request: @FinalPersonaEmblem
Warnings: None
Word count: 838
Gender: Male
Additional Info: None

Enjoy!

Mercedes was in love with her friend (Y/N) for a while now.

She knew it was love, because she'd had crushes before, but never had she felt like this.

It was a new feeling that Mercedes daydreamed about often, to the point where she was considering the option of actually telling (Y/N) about it.

The thought of it sounded stupid when she began thinking differently of (Y/N). She thought it would be a mere crush that would naturally go away, but it didn't, in the end. It had been a couple of months since then, and she was now sure that it was real- true love.

Mercedes had to tell him.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

'When would be the right time to tell him?' Mercedes wondered. Her eyes wouldn't leave (Y/N), even when he was at the board in front of the class, which was the case now. She'd be supposed to look at what he was writing, not at the person writing it.

'Should I even tell him? What if all this thinking is for nothing and he doesn't like me back?' She thought, 'Perhaps it's a hopeless case.'

When the professor dismissed him, (Y/N) headed back to his seat. He noticed Mercedes' watchful and pained gaze, and could take his eyes off her until he reached his seat in the back.

Mercedes did not dare look in the back, but she swore she could feel the boy's eyes on him. He noticed. She should've been more discreet.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"Mercedes!"

At the sound of that voice, Mercedes flinched ever so slightly, knowing who it belonged to, but with the calmest composure, she turned around and smiled softly.

"(Y/N). I'm sorry for not waiting for you... I probably should've- Instead, I let you run after me for..." Mercedes made up on the top of her head. She tried her best not let (Y/N) speak up about that incident, "A couple of minutes, I guess. I wouldn't know," she mindlessly said.

"Are you going somewhere? Are you free, I mean?"

"Oh," she slightly frowned, "I'm not. I'm free," she didn't want to completely lie anyways- It always feels awful to lie to the person you love.

"Good," he simply said, and a certain awkwardness took over him, "I promise I won't be long."

Mercedes didn't say anything. (Y/N) told himself it was his cue to speak.

"You were watching me... During class- Pretty weirdly, and it's been like that for a while."

"Oh, Goddess," so it wasn't just that time! "So you noticed! It's in unconscious thing. When we I'm thinking of something, it shows up on my face..."

"Right," he nervously chuckled, "Human nature- But you only stare that way at me. You always look sad whenever you look at me, and it's just me- You haven't done it with anyone else."

Mercedes wanted to reply something to mend the situation but the boy told her it wasn't of any use. He noticed. It was all hopeless.

"I'm assuming... Just assuming, are you sad... because of me?"

Mercedes, yet again, kept her mouth shut. She simply stared at him in awe because of his astute observation. So he had noticed all of it.

"I'm just assuming!"

"No, no, you're right... Very right," she muttered, embarrassed.

"Why's that? Why am I making you sad?"

"Because I'm scared, I guess."

"Why? Why are you scared? What did I do?" He worryingly asked, and his questions were becoming so pressing, that it was difficult for Mercedes to escape him.

"Tell me!"

"I love you, (Y/N)."

And (Y/N) looked at her with such wide eyes of disbelief that he did not say anything. He simply stared at her in awe, puzzled and unsure about what was going on.

"What?"

"I love you," she said furtively, "And the reason I stared like that at you... Ah! I guess I was scared- About telling you, not so much. Mostly about how you would feel... If I were to tell you."

(Y/N) said nothing. He was still contemplating this truth that seemed too surreal to him.

She softly chuckled, to lighten the atmosphere, "Well, it's all out in the open now. There's no more need to be scared... I think," and she laughed again, because she was being so silly.

"Don't be scared."

"You think I shouldn't?"

"No, no. Don't be. Be relieved, I guess. Because I am."

"You are?" She breathlessly said, staring at him with a puzzled expression.

"Yeah," he said, and he let out a breathy laugh, "Because I love you too."

"Oh Goddess!" Her lips gradually formed a smile, "So you are happy! How wonderful is that?"

"Wonderful! It's wonderful! I am happy and so should you!"

"Yes! Yes, I am!" She tightly embraced him, "How wonderful!"

For a few minutes, those two repeated those great words 'happy' and 'wonderful'. Nothing else seemed to really matter, not even the by-passers who would look at them strangely. Mercedes did not care how they would react!