Flayn X Reader- Fishing (Request)

Request from @dnsjekedirjene.
Enjoy!

"Let's go fishing!" Flayn spoke out of nowhere.

"Hum, what?" (Y/N) looked up from her book to Flayn. Both of them were in (Y/N)'s dorm and were reading, on top of her bed. Today was Sunday, so it was a free day for the students.

Flayn put her book down on (Y/N)'s bed and got up, "We can go fishing today! I have always wanted to fish with someone other then my brother but I never got the chance! And since I cannot go anywhere but the monastery, we can just go to the fishing pond next to the Greenhouse!"

"It sounds great. But, I don't know how to fish, Flayn."

Flayn smiled widely, "I can teach you," she brought her hand to her chin, lost in thought, "Now all we need are some fishing rods... Oh and some baits- Do you have any baits?"

"I never fished before. But we can just ask the guy in charge of the fishing materials near the fishing pond. I'm sure he has everything we need."

"Yes. You are absolutely right," she slightly jumped on her feet, "Ah! This will be greatly fun! I can already feel myself excited for the day! Let us depart!"

(Y/N) got up from her bed and brushed of the little amount of dust on her dress, "Alright. Of to the fishing pond."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Two fishing rods and ten baits, please," asked (Y/N) to the man in charge of the fishing materials. He handed them over two large fishing rods then a small sack that he filled with fishing baits. (Y/N) grabbed her fishing rod and the sack, giving the other fishing rod to Flayn.

"This should be enough. Thank you sire."

The man smiled and waved them goodbye, "Dont forget to bring the fishing rods and the empty sack back to me when you're finished!"

Flayn nodded and waved back at the man. The girls made their way at the end of the dock.

"Brother showed how to fish before. So let me teach you. First of all, take a bait and attach it to the extremity of the fishing rod's line," Flayn grabbed a bait from the sack and attached it (can we call it that?) to the end of the fishing rod's line; exactly like she said.

"See? It is very simple."

(Y/N) hesitantly tried to mimic Flayn's actions.

"Good! Now, let us throw the line!" She said excitingly, throwing her line in the water.

(Y/N) proceeded to do the same thing, even if she was less successful, the line at least was able to land in the water.

"Now what?"

"We wait."

(Y/N) grimaced, "Hum, alright."

Flayn sat down on the wooden surface, "Please, sit down. This might take a little while."

(Y/N) sat on the floor next to Flayn.

"So, we're supposed to stay like this for how long exactly?"

"Until we caught a fish, of course. It is the point of fishing! Unless you want to catch an old shoe," Flayn let out a small laugh.

"How are we supposed to know when we caught a fish? Is the line suppose to move when we did?"

"Precisely! That is why it's best you don't move the line, or else it will be difficult to guess for sure."

(Y/N) nodded. After a few minutes, (Y/N) sighed, she was getting a little bored. Maybe she shouldn't have-

"I caught one!" Shouted (Y/N). Noticing how her line was wiggling.

"Good, take the line out!"

Flayn got up and looked over at the line, which was getting dragged out of the water by (Y/N).

It was a fish alright. It was biting onto the bait at the end of the line. The fish was now on the floor, executing small jumps. (Y/N) couldn't help but feel a little sad. Flayn vent down at the fish' level to get a closer look, "You caught one big of a fish, (Y/N)! It looks delicious, if I say so myself. I can already feel my stomach growling at the single thought," spoke Flayn dreamily, looking down at the fish happily.

(Y/N) felt bad for the fish. Of course, she couldn't deny that she also wanted to eat the fish she caught, but she thought it was best not to.

"Flayn, I'm sorry. I don't think we're going to eat fish tonight."

Flayn's face turned grim, "Why not?"

"Something tells me it's best to let him go. Seeing him like this makes me sad."

The green haired went silent, then shrugged, "You are right. Let's let him go. I lost my appetite all of sudden, anyways, Flayn took the fish in her petite arms and gently pushed it in the pond, "Of you go, fish."

Flayn looked over at (Y/N) and smiled, "Our deed is certainly going to make the goddess smile."

(Y/N) looked up at the sky, "Yes..."