Mercedes X Reader- Let it all out (Request)

Art made by Sharlyn Artieda on Artstation!

Request: @Hitthereimyou12
Warnings: None
Genre: Light Angst
Word count: 2223
Gender: Male

Hey everyone. Sorry for the long absence (is it long? It felt like it to me). School's going... Well. Im beginning to get used to high school and I can see that some of my grades are beginning to get better which is great. School is still, of course, keeping me busy, but I haven't written anything for myself in what feels like AGES and it's been showing lately. I haven't been sleeping well and the fact that I haven't been writing made me feel very sad (I never knew why I never felt truly happy anymore). But as soon as my teacher called my writing poetic and beautiful and that some of my classmates praised me for it, saying that I shouldn't have put so much time and effort into an assignment (which is true lmao) really gave me this sudden urge to go back to writing FOR MYSELF again. It's like writing was calling me. ITS LIKE, MY DUTY TO FULFILLLLLL, YALL SO IM BACK.

I may not post as much as I did before, but I will TRY to post regularly. Emphasis on TRY.

I guess you could consider this as my come back to the writing world? Lmao. Interpret this whatever way you want.

Anyways, this oneshot (I haven't written this word in a while) was requested by @Hitthereimyou12! Sorry for the wait. I hope you'll like this! It was a very heartbreaking oneshot to write but I did it!

Enjoy!

It was close to curfew. Most of the students who had said their last prayers were leaving to go to their dorms. No more hushed sounds coming from inside the cathedral: simply the beautiful silence of the night. Mercedes thought that everyone had left, so she began to roam around the area, extinguishing any candles still emitting light. It was a measure meant for security reasons. They wouldn't want the cathedral to light up in flames. Mercedes took up the job so she could help the nuns, who were already very busy with other, more important duties.

Extinguishing the final candle, Mercedes smiled to herself, heading towards the exit.

But she heard something odd. She made a halt, looking around, awfully confused- She thought everyone had left, but she was hearing sobs? Shivers flooded her, and Mercedes was beginning to wonder what was going on.

Maybe it was a ghost? She had heard stories of hundred year old nuns roaming the place at night, and she had always been inclined to believe the stories, but these sobs sounded so real, so full of pain. Ghosts do not cry like that, she thought.

She turned around and quietly looked around the cathedral, head slightly tilted forward, trying not to make any noise.

Finally, Mercedes noticed something moving in a corner of the cathedral- Or, to word it better, someone. A man in a uniform- Surely a student. What was he doing here so late at night?

She immediately hid behind a pillar- What was she to do now? She couldn't just leave. But she couldn't just interrupt this personal event either. Oh, what to do?

But Mercedes, as she tried to think things through, accidentally hit a small pebble with her foot, which was sent flying- Landing right in front of the mysterious student crying.

Between sobs, the boy- A young seventeen year old student from the looks of it, in an academy uniform, looked down from his hand, face reddened from the tears, at the small pebble which had landed right between his feet.