Mercedes X Reader- I was so worried (Request)

This was requested by @TimberClub!
I hope this oneshot is up to your liking. I added in the fainting part out of my own will, so if you don't like it, I can rewrite the oneshot :)
I feel like what I wrote was a little bit rushed, but I'm posting it anyways because I still think it's okay, so yeah.
Anyways, enjoy!

That day's mission was a particularly hard one. Not only where there more foes then usual, but the battle environment was a desert. Fighting foes while trying to run on sand was quite difficult, and the heat only made it worse.

The Blue Lions, who were very much accustomed to the cold weather of Faerghus were now challenged to this unbearable heat some had never experienced before.

(Y/N) in particular always had trouble dealing with heat, to the point where even fainting could happen because of it. If that happened, it would be extremely inconvenient.

Luckily, Mercedes, her good friend, would always be near by to heal her if (Y/N) was feeling a bit dizzy.

'Focus, (Y/N). You can do this,' (Y/N)'s thoughts were quickly interrupted by Byleth, her professor, shouting from the other side of the battlefield.

"(Y/N)! There's an enemy behind you!'"

The young student brushed off some sweat of her forehead as she quickly spun around to face an enemy approaching her.

"Oh, gods..."

The enemy swung his weapon in her direction, but (Y/N) didn't defend herself in time, because her vision gone blurry, and so the weapon cut deep in her arm. (Y/N) fell to the floor in a loud thump.

"(Y/N)!" Mercedes shouted in agony as she ran toward (Y/N)'s body.

She bent down to try and wake her up.

Mercedes' unusual shouting grabbed the attention of the students and the professor.

Byleth' eyes widen as she saw (Y/N) on the ground. At first, she wanted to go see if she was alright, but she was held back by the need to quickly fight off the rest of the foes.

"Everyone, finish off the enemy as quickly as possible! We must get back to the monastery as soon as we can! Mercedes, stay by (Y/N)'s side until we're done."

Mercedes nodded, "Of course."

With luck, Mercedes was able to wake the girl up, "Mercedes?..."

"Don't move. Everything will be alright."

And so, Mercedes put herself to work, trying to heal the wound with the very little material she had with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Blue Lions we're finally back at the monastery. Luckily, no further damage was done, and they were able to bring (Y/N) back safely.

(Y/N) was brought to the infirmary where Manuela took care of the her wound, while Mercedes stood by her side.

After that, (Y/N) quickly fell asleep. She must've been quite tired.

The rest of the Blue Lions informed (Y/N)'s close Black Eagle friends, Bernadetta and Dorothea who, quite shocked at the news made sure to pay a visit at their dear friend, who, even if she was sleeping, didn't stop them from staying next to her for a while, with Mercedes.

"So, is it true that she fainted?" Dorothea asked.

Mercedes nodded, a sad look upon her face, "Yes. She was hit by an enemy, and out of nowhere, she fell to the ground! Luckily, I was able to wake her up and bring her back to the monastery. But as soon as we came back, she quickly fell asleep," Mercedes glanced over at her sleeping friend, "She must've been quite tired. Which to be fair, isn't very unusual, I've seen her so many times dedicating hours and hours to studying until early morning without closing her eyes not even one bit! And all of them usually end up like this," she sighed, "I really don't know what to do..."

Bernadetta sighed, "Poor (Y/N)..."

"You're saying this is not her first time? She's never told us before."

"Well, her fainting experiences aren't something she likes to talk about. And, to be fair, it's been a long while since the last time this happened."

After a while, Bernadetta and Dorothea had to leave for their next lecture, but promised that they'd come back the next day.

Another hour had passed, and Mercedes, who had stayed by (Y/N)'s side until then noticed her friend finally opening her eyes.

Mercedes smiled as she saw her finally awake, "(Y/N)! You're awake! I was so worried about you!"

"Mercedes?"

The older student chuckled, "Yes, it's me- How are you feeling?"

"I... I'm feeling tired, but better," she glanced over at her bandaged arm, "Is this?..."

"The enemy's weapon cut into your arm only a few seconds before you fainted. The wound was quite deep- it really worried me. I was just so... so..." Mercedes rubbed her eyes. Was she... crying?

"Mercedes, what's wrong?" (Y/N) asked, extremely concerned.

(Y/N) wanted to get up to look at Mercedes' face for closer inspection but Mercedes stopped her, tucking (Y/N) back into the medical bed.

"Don't get up, please don't. You must heal in the best conditions."

"But Mercedes..."

The blond haired student tried to change the subject, "Does your arm hurt?"

"Well, it does sting a little, but I should be fine."

"Are you sure? I can always bring Manuela in so she can help with the pain."

"Oh, that won't be necessary! But, thank you."

The two girls stayed like that a while, in an awkward silence, that (Y/N) finally broke.

"Hey, Mercedes..."

"Yes?"

"I don't really remember the fainting part, but I do remember that, when we came back here, you stayed next to my bed until I feel asleep, exactly at the same spot you're now. I know it's quite stupid to just assume it like that, but, did you stay here the whole time?"

"I did. From when you fell asleep until now."

"Why?"

"'Why'? Well, because you mean so much to me, and..."

Mercedes rested her hand on (Y/N)'s, "... And because I love you. That's why."

"Mercie..." (Y/N) chuckled nervously, grabbing onto Mercedes' hand, "I love you too. Thank you, for staying with me. It means a lot to me. And I'm so sorry for worrying you. I'll have to try and take more care of myself next time."

It was Mercedes' time to laugh, "Yes, please do! It'll spare me another eventual heart attack!"

(Y/N), nervously leaned in closer to Mercedes, to press a short kiss on her classmate's lips.

Seeing Mercedes' bashful reaction to the short kiss made (Y/N) that maybe it wasn't the best idea.

"I-I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have done that."

"Oh, no, not at all! I quite liked it, actually! It's just, it was quite sudden. I never expected you to do that."

"O-Oh, you... liked it? Well, hum..."

(Y/N)'s cheeks turned a deep shade of crimson, "Does that mean you'd be up to a... longer kiss?"

Mercedes chuckled, "Well, since you asked so nicely, I simply cannot turn you down!"