Marianne X Reader- Missing you (Request)

By @Ichee on Twitter!

Request: @ZAWWE_TheWriter
Warnings: None
Word count: 753
Gender: Female
Additional Info: Older sister!College student!Reader X Marianne
• (M/N) = Mom name

Enjoy!

The truth was that Marianne really missed her older sister.

(Y/N) was in college, and she had been for the past couple of months, and it was starting to get incredibly lonely at the house without her. It didn't help that their parents came back late from work every day. Marianne spent most of her time alone, if not a huge part of it. It was becoming lonely and exhausting.

One knew something was beginning to heavily weigh on Marianne when she spoke out about it.

"Mom?"

Marianne and (Y/N)'s mother, (M/N) turned around. For once, she had come back from work earlier than usual.

"Yeah, sweetie? What's the matter?"

"When's (Y/N) coming home?"

"Oh, I don't know... She didn't tell me anything about coming for the weekend," and when she saw her daughter's expression drop, she was quick to add, "But she's definitely coming by for Christmas, so that's fun!"

But Marianne didn't seem any happier.

"We still have to wait a whole month for Christmas," Marianne muttered as she sat at the dinner table.

(M/N) finally realized what was up.

"You miss her, don't you?"

"I do... It's been pretty lonely without her."

Her mother didn't really know what to tell her, so she just stood there, looking at her sad daughter, but as soon as Marianne went up to her room, (M/N) called up her older daughter.

"Mom, hi! What's up?"

(M/N) was relieved to hear her daughter again. It had been quite some time since she heard her voice. Perhaps she had been missing her more than she thought she did, which was already a lot.

"Hey, (Y/N). Can we talk?"

(Y/N) became slightly confused and worried at her mother's serious tone of voice. When she usually called, it was to make sure everything was alright at college.

"Uh... Sure- Is everything alright?"

"I think you should come back next weekend."

"What? Something happened?"

"Nothing tragic, dear, I promise!" She awkwardly chuckled, "It's just... Well, Marianne misses you a lot, and I think you're what she needs to cheer up a little. Your father and I miss you too, so I think it'd be nice to have you over. It's a long wait until Christmas, sweetie."

"Well," (Y/N) stood quiet for a good second, "I'll see what I can do..."

"Oh, that'd be amazing!"

"I said I'll see what I can do, mom," and she laughed, "Well, see you soon, then. I need to go study now."

"Okay, bye, sweetie! Take care!"

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

(M/N) was oddly happy for the next couple of days, which confused Marianne a little, but in the end, she was just glad her mother was happier at work- well, that's what she assumed.

But that wasn't really where the happiness came from.

Ding dong

Marianne was alone at home, and she was almost too scared to open the door- Who could it be? It couldn't be her mother, nor her father. She got really scared, and hid in the living room. It only escalated when she received a phone call, but when she look down at her phone... It was her sister!

She accepted the phone call and was quick to say, "(Y/N)! S-Stay on the phone with me! There's a stranger at the door, and I don't-"

"It's me, silly!" (Y/N) laughed on the other end, "I'm the stranger at the door!"

Marianne, shocked, couldn't believe her ears, "You?"

Marianne rushed to the door to open it- It really was her!

But she still had a hard time believing it.

"I... I thought you were only supposed to come back for Christmas!"

"Change of plans," she went inside the house and hugged her little sister, "I heard someone was missing me, so I came as soon as you could!"

"Someone was..." Marianne blushed profusely, "Mom! She told you!"

"You should've told me yourself. Good thing mom was there to tell me, or else you probably would've suffered until Christmas."

"Well... It's just good to have you back, (Y/N). I-I promise I'll tell you next time- I just didn't want to bother you..."

"Bother me?" She scoffed, in utter disbelief, "Mari, you're my little sister! You could never bother me!"

"Promise?" Marianne shyly muttered, looking up at her sister.

"I promise!"

"Well, alright," she then led her sister up to her room, "I-I have a lot of things to show you! So much has happened since you've left!"