Bernadetta X Reader- Friends (Request)

Request: @FireGirl38
Warnings: None
Word count: 1045
Gender: Female
Additional Info: • Byleth's little sister! Reader

Hey y'all... Back at it again with another oneshot which took me a while to post for the same reason as the last: I wasn't really satisfied with the ending.
But here it is now!
There's this one request I HAVE to post someday, a Laslow one and I want to forgive the person who requested it because it took me so damn long to finally get to it. It was requested in January I think and I really need to get to it...
Anyways, enjoy!

"So, how are things?" Byleth asked their younger sister, (Y/N), "I don't get to see you very often, so I'd like to know what you're up to. Is your class alright?"

"Things are okay. My grades are okay, and I'm actually starting to warm up to my classmates too!" She added happily.

"Oh, really?" Byleth murmured, amazed. Their younger sister was the shy kind and they were surprised to hear of such news, especially after their sister told them so many times that she would never be able to make any friends, "I'm very glad you're beginning to have friends, (Y/N)."

"I-I didn't say that! It's just- everyone is very nice, but I don't know if they consider me as a friend or not."

"-Oh. I do see you hanging around... What is her name again? Bernette? You two must be friends."

"Oh! Bernadetta?" (Y/N) lightly blushed, "Hum... We just pass by each other sometimes, that's all..."

"Just passing by each other?" Byleth raised a brow- They were sure there was more to it than that.

"Yeah... Byleth, stop looking at me like that!!"

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh! E-Excuse me, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay! Totally okay! Oh Goddess, I'm so, so sorry..."

And for a good minute or two, both Bernadetta and (Y/N) drowned each other in apologies galore, until finally, the two girls looked at each other awkwardly, waiting for someone to make a move on the other in one way or another.

Byleth happened to pass by the hallway where the two girls were, but before advancing any further, they hid behind the turning corner, and peaked at the scene.

"Well, hum... Sorry again, Bernadetta. I didn't mean to bump into you- Hum... I see you're carrying some books there... D-Do you need any help carrying them?"

"N-No! I'm okay! I can carry them by myself, I wouldn't want to bother you- Bye!"

Both of them then parted ways as quickly as they bumped each other, much to Byleth's disappointment.

'This is painful to watch. There must be something I can do about it.'

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"Edelgard, I'd like to speak you, if that's alright."

Edelgard, surprised to see the Professor of another class turn to her, turned around.

"Is there something you need from me?"

"Yes, well, from one of your classmates, to be more specific- From Bernadetta. See, I see her hanging all the time around my sister, and yet, my sister keeps telling me that there's nothing going on between them, and I'd like that to change, since I think both of them want to become friends with each other. They're both very shy, so I think you and I both should try to-"