Bernadetta X Reader- The plan (Request)

Request: @VividElucidator
Warnings: None
Word count: 1195
Gender: Male
Additional info: Bernadetta X Shy! Reader

This is longer then I wanted it to be but I still hope it's nice.
Enjoy!

Bernadetta and (Y/N) had been fond of each other for some time, but none of them realized it just yet. They were oblivious to what was going on.

They were the only ones who had no idea of it. Most everyone in the academy knew of it and had taken notice of it.

They rarely talked to each other, and when they did, both of them would get extremely flustered and nervous around one another.

The two students were shy in general but this was different- They would fidget and blush, and sometimes, during class, one of them would get caught staring and then immediately look away.

Edelgard was not an exception to it either. She noticed Bernadetta change whenever she was around (Y/N), and it was becoming a major problem. She was becoming even more recluse then before because of this whole 'crush' situation.

Knowing (Y/N) was a Blue Lions' student, the princess decided to meet up with Dimitri later that day.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"Dimitri, I must speak with you."

Dimitri, surprised, smiled, "Ah! Edelgard. This is certainly news to me. Is something wrong?"

"It's about one of my classmates, Bernadetta. She stays locked up in her room on most days, but the state of it is becoming worse. She won't even leave her room anymore to come to class. It's inconvenient," she frowned, "Perhaps, you've noticed why that is?"

The prince's eyes widened, "I'm trying to find the reason why but I'm afraid I'm having a hard time understanding..."

"She's become... loves truck by one of the Blue Lions. She's too scared to even come near (Y/N), which results in her closing herself away in her room even more," she sighed, "Truly, you haven't noticed it? It's fairly obvious."

"No... I haven't. But now that you mention it, I realize that (Y/N) had been acting a little strange lately. I merely thought he was sick."

"Dimitri, you're just as oblivious as them. They both like each other and yet none of them seem to realize. We have to do something about it- Make them confess."

He chuckled, "Edelgard? Interested in romance? Wanting to team up with me? What brought the change?"

"I simply want Bernadetta to open her eyes and not let this crush take ahold of her future, especially since she's a recluse, unlike the rest of her classmates."

For a moment, Dimitri seemed reluctant.

Edelgard noticed him staying quiet, so she commented, "And I'm assuming, that as the House Leader or the Blue Lions, you too would like (Y/N) to go back to normal."

"I would. He's an important friend."

Edelgard smiled, "Good. I have in mind an idea that could bring them to confessing.

He chuckled, "Already? And that is?"

"We will both have to force them into dancing with each other at the ball. It's soon. I'll bring Bernadetta and you shall bring (Y/N). I'm no expert in the matter, but... Perhaps this could bring them close enough for them to realize that they like each other."

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

The ball came soon enough. All the students were attending, especially Edelgard and Dimitri, ready to put their plan to work, with both (Y/N) and Bernadetta under their wing.