Dimitri X Reader- A long day

I probably should've posted a Dimitri oneshot a long time ago, but at last, I have made one.
Enjoy!

(Y/N) and Dimitri fought tiredly until they were the only ones at the training grounds. The sound of weapons clashing became normal to them, like any other sound that you hear on a daily basis. Of course, even they grew tired at some point. This was probably the most intense training both of them ever had, but for (Y/N) in particular, who hated the idea of training, and was dragged to the training grounds by Dimitri. The battle of the Eagle and Lion was soon, and he needed her in top form.

"That's enough! That's enough!" (Y/N) cried out, throwing down her weapon on the floor.

Dimitri stopped, wiping of the sweat of his forehead, "I think we're done for the day. The sun is already setting."

He picked up her weapon of the floor and placed them on the wooden holders on the wall (idk if that's how you do it but I did a little research so).

(Y/N) leaned against one of the walls, opposite to Dimitri. She put her hand against her chest to feel her heartbeat, which was rather rapid. But it was only normal after such an intense training session.

"It's been a while...since I have trained so hard," she noticed, laughing between deep breaths.

"Well, for someone who doesn't train that often, you are a formidable fighter."

"Heh, perhaps there is hope for me yet."

Dimitri readjusted his blue cape as he walked toward (Y/N). He leaned against the wall next to her, a little smile on his face.

"But still, I don't remember training being this hard," she looked over at Dimitri, "I mean, when you train, you make it seem so easy! You wield your lance with such ease, like it's nothing, not everyone can do that. And you fight like a knight from the legends!" She went on and on, praising the prince, who grew a little flustered at such words.

"You may say that, but I still have a long way to go until I can be worthy of your praises," he let out an awkward chuckle, "As for you, the efforts you have put in your training today must be rewarded," his cheeks took in a rosy color, "The professor wished to dine with me tonight, and you are also welcome to come, so I was thinking-"

"Oh no, no, no. I-I'm terribly sorry, your highness, but I have an assignment to finish for tomorrow, and I have to get it done- I am sorry, truly," she immediately declined, and, as guilt started to make its way within her, she quickly left, before it could get any worse.

"I-I gotta go."

(Y/N) left too quickly, leaving before Dimitri could say anything.

Dimitri sighed, 'What did I do? Damnit Sylvain, you're right, I am terrible when it comes to women.'

~~~~~~~~~~~ le time skip

A few hours passed by. Dimitri and Byleth were walking around the monastery after having eaten their dinner together. Dimitri tried not to show it, but he was a bit worried about (Y/N), not having seen her at all ever since she ran away. But maybe he was was giving it too much thought, it was none of his business after all, although she was an extremely good friend of his, and he cared about her.

"Thank you for letting me dine with you, professor."

Byleth nodded, "My pleasure. It's unfortunate (Y/N) wasn't able to join us. You did ask her, right?"

"Of course I did! I really wished for her to come, but she ran away before I could finish..."

She laughed, "She ran away?"