Marianne X Reader- Making friends (Request)

Request: @Zawwefan
Genre: Light fluff towards the end
Warnings: None
Word count: 754
Gender: Female
Additional Info: • Preschooler!Marianne X Preschool teacher!Reader
• Modern AU

I'm writing these so darn fast because I'm not doing anything and because it's fun. I am speed
Enjoy!

If the children at the local daycare were asked which teacher they most liked, most of them would likely say (Y/N), as she was the sweetest, most kindhearted one.

She took great care of her little students and had a soft spot for her shyer ones, because they'd always stick around her and (Y/N) just thought them to be the cutest. The timid preschoolers loved her the most, especially Marianne, who was (Y/N)'s personal favorite (although she never told anyone because she didn't want anyone to get jealous).

Marianne was the daughter of one of (Y/N)'s closest friends, so maybe it contributed to the favoritism a little. This friend had done so many great things for (Y/N) that it only seemed natural to take excellent care of her little daughter.

During lunch, (Y/N) usually allowed the little girl to sit and eat next to her, but this time, the teacher believed that it was time to change things up a little, have Marianne socialize more.

"Marianne, I know that you like to eat with me," she kneeled before the nervous preschooler, "But how about you eat with your classmates today? They're extremely nice and they'd love for you to eat with them. It's nice to talk with your classmates sometimes."

The news horrified Marianne. She didn't dislike being with her classmates, but they were so loud sometimes that they were scaring her. The girl would much rather eat with her calm and doting teacher.

But Marianne was an obedient child, and she didn't object. She let herself be led by the hand to a nearby table of preschoolers.

"Everyone, this is Marianne. She'd like to eat with you, if that's okay," (Y/N) said, introducing Marianne.

"Hi Marianne!" Said a little boy who waved at her.

"Sit here!" Exclaimed a girl who showed the empty seat next to her.

The teacher helped Marianne sit down and gave her some food.

"Have fun everyone!" And then the teacher left cleaving Marianne alone.

A couple of minutes passed by, and everything seemed just fine. Sometimes, (Y/N) would glance over at Marianne's table and make sure she was having fun.

The little girl was laughing along with the other children and even talked with them a little, which was heartwarming to hear.

(Y/N) thought that her mission was complete, but then the teacher heard loud crying from the other side of the room.

When she got to Marianne's table, she noticed it was actually Marianne who was crying. She was surrounded by her new friends who were trying to comfort her, but to no avail. The little girl was still crying and her face was all red.

"What's the matter?!" (Y/N) said, kneeling down before Marianne. She took her in her arms and looked at the other children, "What happened? Can anyone tell me what happened?"

She looked at Marianne but the girl was still crying, "What's wrong, Marianne?"

Marianne, between heavy sobs, made out a couple of words, but it was difficult to understand her. Maybe comforting her first was best, then she could tell her what actually had happened.

When the little blue haired girl finally slightly calmed down, she shyly muttered, "I-I don't want to be a-alone!"

"Oh, darling... But you're with your friends! You aren't alone!"

"Y-Yes... But I wanna be with y-you too!" Marianne said, hugging the teacher with her little arms.

"Okay, Marianne... I'll try my best to always be with you... At school, of course," she kissed the crown of her head, and told everyone, "Everyone! Group hug! Marianne needs a huge hug from you guys, so come on!"

Everyone listened to (Y/N) and hugged Marianne, forming a huge bundle of children clumsily hugging the now a bit calmer preschooler.

"We love you Marianne!"

"Please don't cry!"

The children, taking turns, tried comforting Marianne, and at some point, it finally came to fruition. Marianne was hugging everyone back.

"I love you too! I'm not crying anymore! I don't wanna cry anymore!" She shouted, smiling behind happy tears.

It was an extremely heartwarming experience and it surely was a key moment in Marianne's life, one that taught her that having many friends was a good thing, especially when they were this nice.

Marianne didn't cry for the rest of the week, and for the rest of the year, she constantly stayed by her new friends' side, although she'd sometimes miss hanging around her sweet teacher.