Cordelia X Reader- Memory relived (Request)

Request: @daleketchup
Warnings: None
Word count: 1327
Gender: Male
Additional Info: Mother! Cordelia X Son! Reader

Don't be fooled, I'm definitely supposed to be sleeping rn but nah
Enjoy!

Cordelia's death deeply affected both her children.

After her mother's gruesome death, Severa began to have the sharpest tongue around, swearing and mocking about everyone on the tiniest of things, out of sheer jealousy and loneliness, despite what she would tell others. She grew to despise most people she met, or at least, to seem like she did.

Whereas her younger adopted brother, (Y/N), seemed to love most people he hanged around with. He grew up to be a more fun and loving guy, always smiling, always cracking a joke with friends. Not an ounce of sadness or of remorse ever touched his face.

It was something Severa always criticized him about.

"It's like you don't even care- Were you even affected at all? At least a little by her death? You still go on with living your life as if she never even died in the first place," she would tell him, and (Y/N), when hearing what Severa thought of him, for the millionth time in years, couldn't help but feel his heart growing weaker in his chest, as if he were to give up.

"Didn't it ever cross your mind that that's how I cope with death?"

That would always shut Severa up.

"Of course I care. I don't know how you could ever think otherwise," (Y/N) would said, hurt from such a harsh attack from his own sister.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

When Cordelia first met her future children in her world, she couldn't believe who they were and it was a very hard pill for her to swallow.

She especially had trouble understanding how come (Y/N) looked nothing like her or like her husband (and thus, surely the father or her future children).

"That's because you adopted me," (Y/N) told her.

"Adopted?" She seemed surprised, "I-I mean— Not that it is a bad thing, of course! I'm sure you are a wonderful son, but how come that came to be?"

"You saved me from a group of bandits when I was little. My parents got killed so you and father took me in."

"Oh, I see- And Severa is my biological daughter?"

"Yep," he laughed, "It would make sense. She looks a lot like you, although... She is pretty different personality wise."

"I can see that," Cordelia awkwardly chuckled, "She sure is... Well- I wouldn't want to criticize future me's job as a mother, but—"

He laughed, "It's okay. She probably knows it too, but it's just... Well, your death had quite a toll on her, as it should, and I guess that really changed her as a person."

"Well, you don't seem to have been affected that much by my death," she noticed, "You seem quite easygoing!"

And why would his nature mean that he has never known grief?

"Well, I do try my best to cope," he said, before awkwardly chuckling.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) wondered what his younger mother owned in her tent so he sneaked there without permission to look around- No big deal (WRONG).

"Oh? What's this?" He stumbled upon something, a book to be precise, of fairytales, with the usual princess and prince on the cover, staring at each other lovingly.