Camilla X Kagero- Diner dates (Request)

The artist is named Jade Snap but I'm not sure on what platforms they post...

Request: @Hitthereimyou12
Warnings: None
Word count: 763

Sorry that it took so long...
Enjoy!

Camilla was one of the soldiers who had gotten wounded during that battle. Kagero, who had the skills required to tend to others' wounds, agreed to helping the princess recover from hers.

The ninja remained silent throughout the whole process, whilst Camilla made a few comments here and there, but nothing too grand or good enough for Kagero to answer.

When it was all finally over, the princess thanked her for her efforts and for her help. She was all bandaged and soon enough, she'd be fully healed.

The princess smiled, "Oh, Kagero! I'm not how to thank you..." Her face then lit up, "Oh! How about when I recover from my wounds, I'll invite you somewhere nice, hm? It'll be like a tea party! We'll drink nice, hot tea and eat biscuits while we chat! How does that sound?"

Kagero did not think much of it but she agreed regardless, to please the princess, "As you wish, milady."

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

Camilla did just as she had promised a couple of weeks earlier.

When she has recovered from her battle wounds, she demanded the Crown Prince of Hoshido to hand Kagero a couple of hours off and took the ninja to a nice tea place.

Kagero followed her around obediently, did as she was told, ate and drank what Camilla gave her. Everything seemed to go smoothly, as the princess wanted things to go, and for that, Kagero was glad.

At first, Kagero was as stiff as a board. A little shy and awkward. She wasn't exactly sure how she was supposed to act around royalty in such a setting. It was all very new to her, and Camilla took notice of it.

Luckily, the tea party went so well that by the end of it, Kagero seemed to actually be enjoying it and had semi loosened up around the princess.

"You seem to be enjoying this," Camilla noted, sipping on her tea, "You are, aren't you?"

Kagero smiled softly, blushing a little, "I did not expect myself to, but against all odds... I'm actually thoroughly enjoying this... tea party."

"I'm so glad! This means that I can bring you to other places too!"

The ninja's face went blank, "Pardon?"

"Oh, as soon as I caught a glimpse of that adorable smile of yours, I just knew I had to organize something like this again! I've got so many other places in mind that I can't even count them all!" Camilla placed her hand on Kagero's as she continued excitedly, "Oh, darling! You'll be having so much fun!"

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next couple of weeks, Kagero missed out on more and more missions, as she went out with Camilla on diner dates and at tea parties.

Camilla believed that the ninja worked far too much and that she needed to loosen up and learn to enjoy life more.

Finally, after a couple of dates went past, Kagero finally took the courage to speak up about it. She believes that there was more to these dates than just trying to get her to loosen up and enjoy life more.

At the question, Camilla remained quiet for a little while, seemingly lost in thought, unsure what to answer.

"Perhaps you're right. Perhaps there's more to it than that... Well, if you really wish to know," she giggled, "I simply find you to be an adorable woman, Kagero. And if spending money on you means that I'll get to see you smiling, then it is all worth it..."

At the truth, Kagero blushed, at loss for words, "Princess Camilla... Money isn't necessary to make me happy."

The princess chuckled at the girl's sweetness, " Oh, darling, I'm not doing this because you particularly need it. I know how you ninjas are... I'm doing it because I believe that you deserve it and I love you very much..."

Kagero was now beet red, "Princess Camilla...! Y-You..."

She sighed, "Yes, Kagero. I love you. I've been meaning to say this for some time but I wasn't sure when to say it. But the truth's out in the open now."

"I... I don't know what to say, princess..."

Camilla smiled, kissing Kagero's hand, "Then don't say anything. I know that you love me too."

"You do? But how? I..." Kagero was too stunned to speak.

The princess chuckled, "It was obvious, darling. Very."

"I see..."

It took a lot of courage for Kagero but she finally did it in the end. She went up to kiss Camilla, who giggled in response.

"Oh, this is perhaps one of the best gifts I've ever received..."