Edelgard X Reader- Confession at the Goddess Tower (Request)

This is a bit longer then I wanted to so sorry about that, I guess?
I'm not very good when it comes to confessions, so I hope this wasn't too weird. I hope y'all like it. At first, the whole following bit with the reader sounded a bit creepy ngl, but I kept it anyways.
Anyways, this was requested by @_allfandomsaregreat_.
Enjoy!

The night of the ball was a night everyone awaited with impatience, and now that it was finally here, all the students were on the dance floor dancing to their heart's content with everyone they knew.

Of course, the House Leaders and professor Byleth were the target of many dance propositions, so they didn't have much time to discuss with anyone and would often then find themselves stuck on the dance floor.

(Y/N), who hailed from a highly esteemed house had danced herself with quite a few nobles, but she soon tired of the immense crowd on the dance floor, and so she retreated to a small table on the sidelines where she was hidden in the crowd, as she watched with a little envy Edelgard's current dance partner.

To be fair, (Y/N) very much wished to dance with her House Leader and long time friend, the future emperor of Adrestia, Edelgard. But seeing as to how occupied Edelgard seemed, (Y/N) didn't want to bother her with her own wishes. Whenever (Y/N) did get the chance to ask Edelgard for a dance, she found herself stuck, and to nervous to ask her. (Y/N) was completely hopeless, and so she gave up trying to ask her for a dance at this point.

"(Y/N)... You okay, there? You don't seem very excited to be here."

(Y/N), whose head rested between her arms on the table she was steamed at, looked up to find Dorothea with a drink in hand.

"Huh? Me? Oh, I'm fine... Just a little bit tired."

"You sure? Do you want something to drink?"

"No, I'm good, thank you though."

"Okay, then. But if you do need anything, you'll find me on the dance floor most probably, okay?"

"Okay."

Dorothea then left the girl alone.

(Y/N) sighed as she buried her head in her arms once more. Her gaze drifted to the princess, but surprisingly, she wasn't dancing with some student now, she was leaving.

As (Y/N) saw the princess headed into a crowd of students, she quickly got up from her chair and ran in her direction.

(Y/N) never thought she'd actually find herself chasing after the imperial princess; she was a noble after all, and such an action wasn't very befitting of her status, from what (Y/N)'s parents told her.

And yet here she was.

"Excuse me, can I just- Oops, sorry, sorry- Oh, Ferdinand!"

Among the crowd (Y/N) was trying to avoid, she found Ferdinand, one of her classmates. He seemed to be having quite the lively conversation with a pair of nobles, until she called out his name.

"Ferdinand, Ferdinand! May I have a moment of your time?"

"Why, of course! Is something the matter, (Y/N)?"

"It's Edelgard. Have you seen her by chance?"

He smiled, "I have, actually! She passed right by me just a minute ago."

"Did you see where she was heading?"

"I think she headed outside, but that's about all I know. Why, is something wrong with her?"

"What? No, no, not at all! I just- Ah well, forgive me, but I just must catch up to her! Goodbye, Ferdinand!"

He chuckled, "You must be in quite the hurry, but I'll let you be. Good luck finding her!"