Mercedes X Reader- The race (Request)

Request: @Zawwefan
Warnings: None
Word count: 584
Gender: Female
Additional info: Child! Sister! Mercedes X Child! Reader

I ADORE writing those very short sweet oneshots. They're my favorites honestly! So fun to write and they remind me of those Comtesse de Ségur books.

If you don't know what her books are, it's basically slice of life short stories about those children aged from 5 to 12 who do all sorts of shenanigans and there are ALWAYS consequences. They can get beaten (19th century stuff) or punished by their parents, etc...
Those books always have morals and talk about what you should and shouldn't do and why. Some of the kids in this books can really piss you off and do the stupidest stuff but it's always followed by a lesson, so... fun? Really good books! Def recommended!
AND THIS BOOK DOES CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT SO WELL LIKE SOME OF THESE KIDS GO THROUGH THE BEST CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT- TAKE NOTES!!
Anyways, onto the oneshot!
Enjoy!

"It's so nice outside, today! I'm glad mother let us go outside," Mercedes said, as she looked around, holding her little sister, (Y/N)'s hand. They were walking around the woods near their estate on a lovely afternoon.

Mercedes and (Y/N) were sisters. Mercie was the oldest, around twelve years olds while (Y/N) was six.

After the two girls had finished with their studies for the day, their mother had let them head outside for a bit for some fresh air.

"Mercie, let's play a game!" (Y/N) suggested, jumping around all excited.

Mercedes smiled, glancing back at her sister, "Sure. What do you want to play?"

"Let's race! Who reaches the house first wins!"

Mercedes stood quiet, a little reluctant at the idea. She hated running and races weren't that fun for her, but, to please her little sister, Mercedes agreed, "Hm... Okay. But don't run too far away from me, okay? You always win, anyways."

"Yay!"

As soon as she said this, (Y/N) let go of her sister's hand and began running.

"D-Don't run too fast, (Y/N)! I can't run so fast!" She shouted but her sister was already out of sight. She was fast unlike Mercedes.

Fortunately, at some point in the race, Mercedes finally caught a glimpse of her younger sister. She was running down the hill. Mercedes became pale.

"(Y/N)... (Y/N)... Wait up! Don't run off too far away!" Mercedes shouted but it was of no use. The hill was steep, and so, (Y/N) began running even faster.

Mercedes tried her best to reach her until she stopped at a loud thump ahead of her, followed by sobs.

She rushed to her sister and bent down to make sure everything was alright. (Y/N) had fallen and was tightly holding onto her ankle, crying.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong? Did you get hurt?" Mercedes asked, horrified.

"M-My ankle! It... It hurts...!"

Mercedes couldn't bare the girls sobs. She tried her best to comfort her but it seemed of no use.

"Shh... Shh... It's okay, it's okay... Mercie's here..."

The girl picked up (Y/N)'s ankle to look at it as gently as possible. She grimaced.

"Oh... It doesn't look so good..."

At the news, (Y/N)'s cries grew even louder.

"Oh! (Y/N), please don't cry!"

She kissed her sister's forehead and wiped her tears. For a moment, (Y/N) began to quiet down, her wailings becoming hushed sobs.

With a little difficulty, Mercedes picked up her sister and sat her on her back. She was a little heavy but she could manage. Luckily, their house wasn't too far away.

"Let's get you back. We'll ask mom to look at your ankle, okay?"

"O-Okay..." (Y/N) muttered shakily.

As the girls headed back to their house, (Y/N) sniffed and asked, "M-Mercie...?"

"Yes, (Y/N)?"

"I'm not going to die, am I?"

Mercedes chuckled at the girl's sweet innocence and replied dotingly, " Of course not. It's just a sprained ankle. Mother and I are going to take good care of you."

"P-Promise?"

"I promise. I'll read your favorite books to you, I'll bring all your toys to your bed, and mother will make you tea and take care of your ankle. We'll have a great time, you'll see!"

"Okay, Mercie... I-I believe you..."

(Y/N) pressed a shy kiss to Mercedes cheek and mumbled, "I love you, Mercie."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."