Kagero X Reader- The chase (Request)

Request: @daleketchup
Warnings: None
Word count: 665
Gender: Male
Additional Info: Bandit! Reader

Yall know what time it is: time for me to post nonstop for a week before disappearing for a month!! (Holiday edition)
Enjoy!

"Prince, we're under attack!"

"Gods! And I thought we had taken the safe root," the Hoshidan prince exclaimed. He then turned to his siblings, "Forgive me. I should've known. I would've never wanted to drag you all into this."

"It's alright, brother. We'll just have to fight through it," Hinoka said, and she then looked back at her younger siblings, "Right?"

"I'd prefer Sakura to stay behind."

"N-No. I should fight with you all too!" But as she said so, tears began to form at the corner of her eyes. She was frightened but seemed determined.

"She'll stay with me," said then Takumi, and so he pulled his little sister closer to him, in a sort of brotherly protectiveness.

"Kagero, are you ready?" Ryoma asked. The ninja nodded, as she got ready to fight, weapon in hand.

It all happened so fast- It didn't take long for the bandits to ambush the royal family and their retainers.

They weren't ordinary bandits. They were fast and weren't amateurs: they could truly fight.

It scared Sakura, but Takumi was quick to reassure her. The older siblings kept on fighting along side their retainers, who luckily were there on the action.

Kagero especially knew how to counter them. They were fast but she was faster, and thankfully, she was able to get rid of some of the bandits, but one of them kept slipping away.

It bothered her immensely and (Y/N), the bandit in question, knew and did not shy away from letting her know.

"Getting tired?" (Y/N) snickered, as he kept on slipping away from Kagero's reach. Not one attack of hers ever landed- they only barely grazed the man's clothes, if not ever.

But Kagero was not the kind to give into easily, "Never."

"You were able to get rid of the others, but don't think that means you can get rid of me."

"Unfortunately for you, I can- and I will," she spit out.

But her next attack was made in vain.

"Oh, really? Doesn't seem like it to me."

He kept on dodging all of her attacks, and they were beginning to become harsher, more violent- unfortunately, they all ended up useless.

"Come on! Catch me!"

He laughed again and couldn't help but smirk at her visible disappointment and worsening annoyance.

"Oh, but that doesn't seem you can't keep on trying!" He leaned into her, "I don't mind the chase," but as soon as she was about to use her weapon on him, he jumped backwards.

"You're all face, but we'll see if you're truly the great fighter you suppose you are," Kagero muttered under her breath, her weapon still high in the air.

"Right, right. I hope you're ready to be disappointed though," he chuckled, "I'm pretty good."

"But not enough-"

Oh, but as soon as she said that, she was pinned to the wall by (Y/N) (not in a weird way yall plz). His weapon was raised high in his hand, and he seemed ready to strike.

For the first time since their ongoing fight, (Y/N)'s expression dropped and he almost seemed... serious.

"I hate to end things like this. I liked you," he sighed, "You seemed loyal to your prince and awfully determined- maybe to an extreme."

"You don't know anything about me," she spit out. She threw daggers at him with her eyes.

"It's true, but that doesn't mean I don't like you," he murmured.

"I despise you."

"Well, that sucks... Would you still despise me if I let you go?"

"What?" Kagero couldn't believe her ears.

"But that would mean you'd let me go too."

"Never," and in this short of moment of weakness, she was able to get past him.

"Oh, well. And I who thought that we could become friends- I guess not."

And so the chase resumed with (Y/N) running ahead while Kagero ran after him. Legends say that they are still fighting (physically and verbally) to this day...