Dimitri X Reader- Frightened (Request)

Request: @byleth-fe
Warnings: None
Word count: 664
Gender: Female
Additional Info: None

I learnt a lesson today. I realized that I shouldn't have told you guys that I might post one or two requests per month. Because of that surpassed number, I realized that I shouldn't be limited to a certain number.
So, on some months, I might write a lot and on some, not at all (it all depends on possibility and willingness to write). That's all you guys need to remember. I'm unpredictable, y'all.
Anyways, enjoy!

It was terrible.

It was the end of Dimitri and (Y/N)'s training session, and that was when it happened.

They came and tried to take (Y/N) away when the prince wasn't looking, but the girl's shouts and screams alarmed him and fortunately, he was able to grab her before it could have gotten any worse.

The Death knight disappeared, thankfully, but the reddish marks left upon (Y/N)'s skin from the Death knight's grip were still there, and the poor girl was left trembling and helpless in the prince's arms.

Unsure and frightened, Dimitri instinctively rushed (Y/N) to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"I will find them!"

"Dimitri-"

"I will hunt them down and kill them if I have to!"

"Dimitri, don't!" She cried out, "You're going mad!"

She was frightened by her boyfriend's furious resolve and anger- Almost to the same degree as her fright with the Death Knight.

The memory of the kidnapping was still very much vivid to her memory. She was still a frightened mess, bundled up in Dimitri's bed. Despite the fading marks on her arms, she still felt the past grip the Death Knight had on her.

But (Y/N) could also sense Dimitri's underlying anger, one that was about to burst. One wrong step, and all would go wrong. She had never seen him like this. She was scared.

"Dimitri, please! You're scaring me! Stop it!" And she burst into tears.

Those tears were kept at the corner of her eyes ever since the kidnapping. The shock deprived her of any other emotion except fright, but now that she was witnessing Dimitri's breakout, the tears were pouring down her cheeks.

Dimitri, who was furious, at the sound of the cries, reminding him of those shouts from earlier, stopped in his tracks. A change took place within him, for in a second, he was kneeling next to his bed, his arms around (Y/N).

"Forgive me," he kept saying, "I don't know what came over me- Goddess! And in front of you... You who just went through... I'm such a fool!" And he buried his head in his hands.

"Dimitri, I forgive you. Of course I do," (Y/N) muttered, looking down at him, "I know you only meant well. You're looking out for me- You saved me! Perhaps I should be the one begging for forgiveness... I shouldn't have screamed."

Dimitri looked up to her immediately and frowned upon those words, "No, no. I acted horribly. The way you acted, though... It was only natural. I should've been gentler with my words and kept my composure intact."

"I've never seen you this angry before," she admitted.

Dimitri did not truly listen to what she said- Mostly because he wanted her to forget and not talk about his anger anymore. He looked at her arms. They were clear of any scars, of any marks.

"The marks have faded," she noted, and he softly smiled.

"I was thinking the same thing- Thank the Goddess," he said, and he pressed a kiss to her arm.

"But I can't let this behavior go unnoticed. I might've gone mad even just a little, but what I said was true. I will find the Death Knight."

The girl's face went blank, "Dimitri... Let's not think about it... I don't want to think about it anymore."

"Don't you want revenge?" He muttered strangely under his breath. The soft and menacing tone of his voice sent shivers down her spine.

"No! No! I just want to stay with you and try to forget what happened..." She begged, "Will you give me that, prince?"

For a moment, Dimitri remained quiet, but his love for (Y/N) overshadowed all of his dark thoughts. His expression finally grew soft and pleasant again.

"I will, if that's what my love wishes," he muttered, and they remained there, quiet, with the prince's arms tightly wrapped around (Y/N), as to not let her be taken away ever again.