[Modern AU] Marianne X Lysithea X Reader- Tutoring (Request)

Art made by @ebinkuu on Twitter!

Request by: @Zawwefan
Warnings: None
Genre: Alternate Universe (Modern)
Additional information: • Male Reader
Word count: 2202

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

Biology was the only subject Lysithea had troubles with. She was the top of her class in every subject the academy had to offer, but biology was her weakness.

And Lysithea wanted to change that, so one day, after class Lysithea stopped by her professor's office.

Lysithea knocked at the door, and hoped to find her professor answer her knock from inside his office.

Luckily he did.

"Come in."

As Lysithea entered the professor's office, she did not notice him at first, but the bothersome noise of intense typing implied that professor Byleth was seated there, at his desk, behind his large computer screen, working.

The professor's face peaked from behind the computer screen to check who had just entered his office.

Pushing his glasses further up his nose, he smiled when he saw his student standing at the door.

"Ah, Lysithea, please, sit down."

Lysithea did as she was told, and approached the nearest seat to the professor's desk and sat down.

Professor Byleth furthered away from his computer, leaning against the desk, hands joined together.

"Is there something I can do for you?"

"I'm here to talk to talk about my grades in biology," she said, determined. Today was the day when she wanted to change her weakness in biology in a strength.

"What about them?" He frowned. To his recollection, all of her grades were stellar. The professor was baffled as to why his best student wanted to talk about her grades in such a worrisome manner.

"I only have straight As, except in biology! I've tried to understand it, but although it bothers me to admit it," she sighed, "It still confuses me," she looked down at her lap for a second, ashamed of herself, as if she had just committed a failure, "I don't know what to do about it anymore."

The professor eyed her for a moment, quizzical, and then opened one of the desk's drawers, pulling out a beige folder with Lysithea's name on it.

With intrigue, Lysithea glanced at the folder. She had never seen this folder before and was quite curious as to see what it contained.

Placing it on the desk, Professor Byleth opened it, and, with his fingers tracing vertical lines on each page, he scanned each one, searching for something.

Byleth halted at a page, and scanned the page thoroughly, until he displayed a displeased frown.

"Hm. It is true that biology IS the only subject where you've never gotten As," his gaze shifted from the folder to Lysithea, a brow raised, "But I don't understand why you're so worried about it. You've got average grades in biology, like most of the students, anyways."

"But I don't want to have average grades! I don't want to be like most students! I came to this acafe my in hopes to better myself in every way and to be the very best," she declared hostly. She had a goal and would do anything to reach it, no matter the obstacles.