Edelgard X Reader- Sleepover (Request)

Here's another Edie oneshot for the Edelgard lovers. It's short but I tried to make it fluffy. I think Edie is the type to let her guard down around their lover, so expect it here :) !
This was requested by @LOST_Dreamers.
Enjoy!

"Your hair, white as snow bring out those amethyst eyes that hypnotise any man who wishes to stare into them... Haha! 'Amethyst' eyes... This is the first decent metaphor regarding your eyes."

"Huh, true. Who is the letter from?" Edelgard asked, looking over (Y/N)'s shoulder, at the wrinkled paper her friend was holding.

(Y/N) squinted her eyes at the bottom of the page, "... It's a minor lord from the South of Adrestia. The son of Count Edward (I made the name up on the spot so it's dumb)," she turned her head toward Edelgard, "Didn't he try to court you once?"

The white haired student nodded, "He did, but I've turned him down."

(Y/N) displayed a small smirk, "And now he's trying to reach out to you by sending those amorous letters?"

"Yes, and he simply won't stop. It has become utterly annoying."

(Y/N) looked back at the letter in her hands, then at the stack of letters on the side of her bed, "They are entertaining, though."

"They are also a waste of paper."

"Oh come on, I know you enjoy reading these letters as much as I do!"

(Y/N) got out of bed. She put her hand on her chest, and started talking in an exaggerated tone of voice, "Oh, my sweet Edelgard, please let me be your faithful husband, and I will swear on the godess' herself that I will make the remaining of your days happy ones!"

Edelgard let out an unfamiliar chuckle, covering her mouth with one hand. But (Y/N) stopped her silly imitations, when she heard a loud snort coming out of Edelgard.

(Y/N) proceeded to let out an offended gasp," Goodness, Edelgard! Was that a snort I heard? I expected better from the future emperor of Adrestia!"

Their night together was spent this way: laughing and having fun. But by the end of it, the two girls plopped on the bed, next to each other, starting to calm down. Their stomachs were hurting from all the hard laughs they shared.

It was very rare the times where Edelgard and (Y/N) could spend time together like this, inviting each other over for sleepovers and the like. The princess was not extremely fond of the idea of a sleepover, but her dear (Y/N) wanted it so badly, she wasn't able to resist her pleas. But now, between school, homework and noble duties, Edelgard found herself liking these sleepovers with her dear girlfriend, as time consuming as they were. At first, she was dragged into these sleepovers because (Y/N) thought she was 'overworking' herself and 'needed a break', but now Edelgard attended each rare sleepover gladly. This dorm room was now filled with happy memories of their past sleepovers. Their favorite pastime being reading old letters from potential suitors addressed to Edelgard. It was rather odd, sure. Reading romantic letters addressed to your girlfriend, but reading these was just so fun.

Both girls looked up at the ceiling, quiet, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere surrounding them.

After a while, (Y/N) was able to find the courage to break the silence, "Edelgard?"

"What is it?"

"Have you ever thought of," she slightly frowned, "... courting one these potential suitors?"

Edelgard looked over at her girlfriend, a surprised look on her face, "No, I haven't. But, why the sudden question?" But then Edelgard realized.

She smirked, "Wait, I know what this is about. You are jealous, aren't you?"

(Y/N)'s cheeks turned a deep shade of crimson, "What?! No, I'm not!"

"Your face tells me otherwise," she scoot over closer to (Y/N), "Well, nonetheless, there is nothing to worry. You know well enough that my heart only belongs to you, and you only."

The blushing student laughed, "You're rather poetic all of sudden, Edie. It's unlike you."

Edelgard reached for (Y/N)'s hand and led it to her heart, "Hm, yes, I suppose. Do you like it?"

"I don't know. It's like you've turned into one of your potential suitors."

Edelgard sat up on the bed. She looked down at (Y/N), still laying down, her hand had let go of hers.

She slightly frowned. If it wasn't for the small smile Edelgard displayed, (Y/N) would have thought
Edelgard was serious, "Come now, don't compare me to these hopeless nobles!"

"Yes, I shouldn't. They cannot compare to your greatness."

Edelgard's cheeks took in a rosy color, "Me? Great? You are going maybe a bit too far."

"I'm honest. You are meant for greatness."

"Once I am emperor, I will do great things, and when I will, I wish you to be by my side."

(Y/N) let out a lighthearted laugh, "Edie, your arrogant side is showing."

"Yes, sorry. I am still working on that- but, in all seriousness, can you promise me that you'll stay by my side, during my reign as emperor?"

"I wouldn't miss your reign for the world."

"I'm glad," Hesitant at first, Eldergard took the courage to lean in closer to (Y/N)'s face and press her lips against hers. The kiss was rather short, but the exchanged stares after they parted were longer. Eyes filled with warmth, even Eldergard's, whose eyes usually reflected coldness.

Edelgard lay down next to (Y/N) again. Reaching for (Y/N)'s hand, she intertwined it with her own.

"Edelgard?"

"Yes?"

(Y/N) whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too... my love."