Laslow X Reader- Your company (Rewrite)

Hey guys! I was very happy and relieved to hear that some of you wanted to actually read my oldest oneshots, of course, with a couple of changes here and there so it's not too cringe and cheesy to read.. The plot is the same though and 90% of the dialog remains the same. It may appear too good (I hope haha) to be my first oneshot but that's because I changed some of the descriptions to better English so y'all don't make fun of me.

For this new "rewrite" series, I will rewrite each one of my old oneshots from five years ago by order of appearance in the notebook I kept all my fanfiction in.
Laslow was my first fictional crush and one of the first characters I believe to have written my first fanfiction for. And also, who better than my first fictional crush for my 100th oneshot?

Y'all don't know how nervous I am about posting this. This oneshot holds a special in my heart, as it served as a comfort oneshot for myself, who was going through a very lonely year with no friends. I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone. But this is what I wanted to do. I wanted to share my first creations with you, so I hope it'll be up to your taste.
Enjoy!

"Milady? Milady, I'm back," Laslow said, knocking on the princess' door.

No answer. How odd. She was always awake around this hour. She would be reading, or looking out the window with those beautiful (E/C) eyes of hers; he could get lost in them. Laslow wondered what she thought of his eyes, or of him in general. Did she think him some hopeless romantic working for her brother or more? It always left him wondering and anxious.

Laslow knocked a second time. Still no answer. Alright, now he was worried. Should he tell Lord Xander or just barge in? He chose the second option.

He slowly opened the door and peaked inside. His gaze scanned the area (I left this expression untouched it's so cute-) until it fell on the sleeping princess.

Peacefully sleeping, the girl was loosely holding onto an open book, about to slip.

(Y/N) wore a beautiful layered dress and a pretty bow in her hair, matching the gown (insert a 10 line paragraph that I had to take out because low key cringe). She looked sweet and at peace, as if she came out of a fairytale. Yes, she looked exactly like those fairytale princesses (Y/N) loved so much.

The man approached her quietly and gently pulled away the book from her hands before setting it on her table. He then took her hand and placed a light peck on it, which was shockingly enough to wake her up.

(Y/N) fluttered open her eyes wide, and glanced back and forth between their hands and Laslow's awkward expression.

He would've wanted to let go of her hand, but he was so red and nervous, that he found himself lightly paralyzed.

Her hand was in his. His hand was in here. She too would've perhaps opted for retreating her hand, but she found herself too stunned to speak. Although a part of them both wanted this too last for forever. It almost felt like (Y/N) hadn't actually woken up from her sleep.

Finally, (Y/N) lightly chuckled and blushed, "You can let go now... I think..."

As soon as she spoke, Laslow woke up from his reverie and harshly took back his hand.

When he noticed her blatantly staring at him with a gentle smile, he became even more bashful.

"Milady... Please, it would be nice if you stopped staring at me like that..."

(Y/N) finally glanced somewhere else.

"Right. Sorry. I'm just glad you showed up. Please, take a seat."

He obeyed and sat down in front of her.

Not much was going on. Neither of them knew what to say or how to act. Laslow usually started of with something simple like asking her about her day, even if by now, he knew how most of them were.

But for once, (Y/N) wanted to make the first move, although is an awkward start.

"So... You were training before you came here, right? Wait, of course you were! Gods, this is coming out all wrong!" She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. If only she could just disappear!

Laslow chuckled, tilting his head to the side.

"Milady, were you trying to start a conversation just now?"

(Y/N) opened her mouth before closing it back, far too nervous to say anything. She looked out the window.

"Lost in thought?" He awkwardly began.

"No, no," she mumbled

Was she really that disinterested in him? Probably. He should've just left, since he was clearly making her uncomfortable.

Laslow was beginning to get up, but that immediately caught the girl's attention. She caught onto my hand again and looked up at me pleadingly.

"Please don't leave..." She muttered.

The soldier bent down so he could hear her better.

"I'm sorry, milady. Could you please repeat that?"

Thinking this was just another one of his little jokes, (Y/N) blushed even harder, "Oh, quit teasing me..."

"But I'm serious!"

"Well, look..." She took a deep breath, "Don't leave. Please. I'm sorry I behaved this way. But I really would like for you to stay. I get lonely and... Your company is always appreciated."

Laslow, quiet, sat back down.

He began to smile again, and she smiled too, as they looked at each with a certain sparkle in their eyes.

"I'll stay, milady. I really thought that I was making you uncomfortable, you know? But really, your company is appreciated as well and I wouldn't exchange yours against anything in the world."