Xander X Reader- Above all else (Request)

Request: @Soleil-Lovely
Warnings: None
Word count: 650
Gender: Female
Additional Info: None

YALLLL...
I'm really sorry for the wait. School just started and I got wrapped up in 'back to school' worries and kinda forgot about writing. But everything's pretty okay now (I think?). I was able to become better friends (I hope they feel the same, because it sometimes feels like I'm an outsider haha) with people I wouldn't have talked to last year, the teachers all seem nice and class is... Not hard but it's coming. It's coming...

ANYWAYSSSS
I decided to start with this request- A sweet and short request to hit the road.
Enjoy!

Xander, despite being a strong and ruthless leader, was a kind and honest man.

He loved spending time with his family and enjoyed keeping up with his subjects- Usually, those working at the castle, the Royal domain.

He especially enjoyed spending time with a certain maid, who, despite how long it had been since their first conversation, still did not understand why a Royal Prince would want to spend time with her.

But alas, those were his highness' wishes, and it did not actually annoy (Y/N). She actually enjoyed his company and their conversations were always a soothing break from all the running around the castle.

And yet, something did bother her a little, actually.

They were speaking together, in a less frequented corner of the castle. He was asking her how her day was going so far, and (Y/N) told him- She told him about washing the dishes, the cleaning, the accidental stain she got on her dress that morning.

He laughed at how disappointed (Y/N) sounded when she recalled how terrible she felt about the stain, that only got bigger when she poured water over it.

"Stain or no stain, you still look wonderful," he softly said, and those words alone were enough to make the girl blush.

They kept chatting about various things, when suddenly, another servant rushed to Xander- something about an unexpected guest.

Xander frowned, not because this newcomer meant something bad, but because they were interrupting his conversation with (Y/N).

The maid was worried though, and looked up to Xander, wondering what he was going to answer.

"Show him to Camilla," he simply said, "I'll stop by later."

(Y/N), did not say anything about it, but she felt awful. She felt like an inconvenience, getting in the way of the Royal prince's affairs that were surely much more important than she was.

"Shouldn't you go?" She nervously muttered.

"I can deal with it later. It's fine enough if Camilla's there to greet them."

"Are you sure? It's probably best if you go..."

Xander threw her a teasing glance, "You really seem to want me to leave... Am I boring you?"

At the mere assumption of it, (Y/N)'s face turned red with shame.

"Boring! Milord, you're perhaps the most interesting person I know!" She was quick to say. The prince laughed.

"I just... I wouldn't want to get in the way of more important matters, that's all," she mumbled, shy, "I'm just a maid, after all," and she awkwardly laughed.

But Xander did not seem amused.

"You're not just a maid, (Y/N).  Your role in the castle should not dictate your worth. You are far more important than any 'important matter', as you say, and if it puts you at ease- I believe you to be much more worthy of my attention than any noble I've ever met."

(Y/N), speechless at those words, stared at him in awe.

"Is that enough proof for you that you mean the world to me?"

"Milord..."

What kind of nonsense was he saying all of a sudden? Had he lost his mind?

"I... I love you, (Y/N)," it took him a lot of courage to say it, but he was a courageous man, and in the end, he finally said it.

He finally told her the reason behind it all- the conversations, the time he made for her,...

Shocked and bewildered beyond words, (Y/N) did not know what to say.

"You... It's true?" She simply muttered, basking at him.

"Yes. It's true," and he took her hands, "So, never belittle yourself ever again, because you are above all else."

"Oh, Goddess..." Was all she muttered, still in utter disbelief. She didn't dare to look up to him, let alone talk to him, but Xander did not mind, for he knew that her willingness to converse would come back.