Edelgard X Reader- Part of your world (Request)

Request: @Brookecartoon
Warnings: None
Word count: 1516
Gender: Female
Additional Info: Mermaid! Edelgard X Human! Reader

Merman Hubert isn't real. He can't hurt you.
Merman Hubert: 🤡
Anyways, there isn't a real storyline behind this. Just two princesses vibing together on the beach, gay style.
Edie is def a little ooc in this but it's also because I kind of based her on Ariel sooo (and yes, that means that (Y/N) is based on Prince Eric, your welcome).
I LOVED writing thissss. It's so cute and wholesome and a tad bit long but Idc I LOVE MERMAID EDIEEEE
Enjoy!

"You cannot be serious, milady."

"I'm very much serious, Hubert. I truly think I've fallen in love," the princess said, as she gazed up at the surface of the water.

Ever since that dated day when she saved that human and rushed her to the shore, Edelgard had not been able to think of anything, of anyone else.

Her mind kept on coming back to her wonderful face, peacefully sleeping on the shore, and her beautiful...

"With a human! This is below you, milady. Rethink this," he approached her, "You must promise to never swim up there ever again. What if something were to happen to you? Someone could've seen you, and killed you."

"Nonsense. We both know that would've never happened," she rolled her eyes, "I know how to take care of myself, Hubert."

"I am not saying that," he sighed, "But there are some things that one cannot control, and you have led a very risky adventure that could've lead to death, whether you wanted to or not."

"It wasn't risky at all."

"Right," he snickered, in disbelief, "It was just the explosion of a ship. Nothing more."

Edelgard rolled her eyes.

"And of course, you were saving a human, someone apart of the very species that hunts us, and that could've killed you."

"They didn't- Well, she seemed to be the very opposite of what I imagined a human would be like. She didn't seem like the kind to hunt others."

"Really now? How could you be so sure? And since when are you so optimistic? Have you forgotten that you should be weary of others and their intentions?" He kept on pressing, as he slowly raised his voice at her.

The princess frowned at him, "I am very weary, but that doesn't mean kind humans don't exist. I knew she was kind when I first laid eyes on her."

Hubert remained quiet.

"Is that so odd, Hubert?"

"Yes," he coldly said, "I have never met a human that was kind," he then lifted the strands of hair covering his eye, letting Edelgard see a horrific scar (NOT ME INVENTING LORE FOR MERMAN HUBIE LMAO), "And I have proof of it."

Edelgard looked at him with a form of pity, "I hope that someday you will meet her and change your mind."

~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~

"You cannot be serious, (Y/N). A mermaid? You actually saw a mermaid?"

"I swear!" She turned around to face her friend, and sighed, "You don't believe me, don't you?"

"I mean..." The friend laughed, "Mermaids haven't been seen around here in years! Why come now?"

"I don't know why but I know what I saw. It was a mermaid, alright," she murmured, trying to remember the incident.