Mercedes X Reader- Nothing to lose (Request)

Request: @Hitthereimyou12
Genre: Idk
Warnings: None
Word count: 651
Gender: Male
Additional Info: Mercedes X Shy!Reader

Enjoy!

It had been a while since (Y/N) started having a crush on Mercedes and about everyone knew about it by now.

It was just so obvious- but could he really help feeling nervous around her? He'd blush and fidget. Looking her in the eyes seemed impossible, let alone ask her out on a date.

It wasn't his idea. It was Sylvain's. He never shied away from such matters and he had noticed what was going on.

"You have to ask her out, man," Sylvain told (Y/N), while he silently stared at Mercedes who was talking with Annette.

"I can't. She'll say no," (Y/N) muttered, "It'll be embarrassing and things will never be the same again."

"What 'things' are you talking about? You've never talked to each other. You guys don't have my history," as Sylvain told this to (Y/N), he rested a brotherly hand on his shoulder, "You have nothing to lose. You should do it."

But (Y/N) was still incredibly reluctant to the idea of asking Mercedes out. Sylvain was right though, they barely knew each other- Was that reason enough for (Y/N) to ask her out?

Sylvain noticed how reluctant he is, and he continued encouraging him, urging him to do it, "I mean, what's the worst thing that can happen? You'll never talk to each other again, like you used to."

Sylvain, yet again, was right.

(Y/N) wanted to talk to Mercedes. Badly. Maybe he should go. It was all a bit confusing to him.

"You know," he whispered in his ear, "I did catch Mercedes staring at you once."

(Y/N) blushed intensely. With much shock, he turned to his friend, "You're lying! Don't lie to me like that!" He scolded.

"I'm not!" The redhead objected, laughing. He teasingly pushed (Y/N) towards Mercedes, "Come on! Do it!"

Sylvain was his friend. Would he lie to him about that? If that was indeed true, then it did lightly boost (Y/N)'s confidence. But what if she was staring at him for another reason completely? What if Sylvain was wrong and it all backfired?

But before (Y/N) could ask himself anymore questions, Sylvain had already dragged him to Mercedes and was already starting to talk to her in his behalf.

"I'll leave you two alone," Sylvain spoke, discreetly winking at (Y/N), "Annette, why don't you join me for a bit? I'd appreciate it if you explained tomorrow's assignment for me."

Sylvain and Annette left, leaving (Y/N) and Mercedes alone in the cafeteria. He wondered why did the students have to be somewhere else at this hour! He wasn't ready to be alone with Mercedes yet.

"Do you need anything?" Mercedes started, bringing (Y/N) back to reality.

"Hum... Kind of," he muttered, "It's complicated."

"Well, I have time, and I'm sure you do too," the girl said, smiling.

Her smile was so comforting but it was difficult for (Y/N)'s heart not to melt. Here went nothing.

"Mercedes, I-I know we've never talked to each other before... But I... I really like you and I'd like to ask you-"

"Yes," she simply answered. The answer came so fast that (Y/N) himself was surprised and had to take a moment to reflect.

"Yes, I'd love to go on a date with you! I was starting to think about asking you myself... But oh well," she chuckled, "You did it first."

(Y/N) was so relieved and happy that he smiled wide, as his heart beat fast. Mercedes felt like a little girl herself, and so did (Y/N), who was blushing a lot.

"Well," he chuckled, "Hum... Great! I-I'm glad!" Was all he was able to mutter, before running away, all happy, like some schoolboy.

Mercedes chuckled but she immediately had to run after him, "But wait! We have to set up a date!"