Ingrid X Reader- Gone mad (Request)

Request: TopFedoraCrew
Warnings: None
Word count: 949
Gender: Female
Additional Info: None

Wrote this for a good friend of mine.
Enjoy!

"Are you sure it's fine?" (Y/N) nervously asked, as she patiently waited for Ingrid to be done setting the saddle on her future horse.

"Of course, (Y/N)! Don't be silly. Everything will be just fine," Ingrid then finally finished getting the horse ready, "There you go. You can mount it now."

"N-Now...?" (Y/N) went pale at the thought.

"I'll help you get up."

And so Ingrid pulled (Y/N) up and helped her get up on the horse. The horse tensed up a little and became nervous, but luckily, Ingrid was there to calm it down and tell it that everything was going to be fine.

"Why don't we go for a ride? Give it a try. Who knows? Maybe you'll like it."

"Only if you come along," (Y/N) muttered, cheeks slowly reddening.

To that, Ingrid chuckled, "Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

Something must've happened, because until then, everything went very well. The horse was calm all throughout the short ride into the woods, but something must've scared it, and then (Y/N) got scared as well.

She screamed and shouted, and the horse fled, throwing (Y/N) in the mud.

Ingrid panicked, and immediately jumped off her own horse. She rushed to her friend, who was trembling on the ground, seemingly terrified about what had just happened.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay?" Ingrid bent down and helped (Y/N) get up.

Luckily, she didn't seem to be very much hurt, just very frightened.

"I-I... It was so frightening! I think I almost got a panic attack. I don't even know w-what happened! Everything seemed just fine!" (Y/N) spat out random sentences, everything that came to mind and that she was feeling out in the open. She was scared, that was very much clear.

"It must've gotten scared, but that's not what matters to me-"

"- But the horse! It ran away!" (Y/N) was almost on the verge of tears, as she aimlessly looked past Ingrid's shoulder, hoping to find the horse hidden behind a bush or a tree, "How will we find it?"

"(Y/N)! Calm down! We'll find the horse! There's no need to worry! Just..." Ingrid rested her hands on (Y/N)'s shoulders, "I need to know: How are you feeling? A... Are you hurt? You need to tell me."

"I... I'm scared more than anything. I don't think I really hurt myself anywhere- Well, my hands are..." (Y/N) showed her hands to Ingrid. They were red, surely because of the harsh contact in the ground, but they especially seemed dirty.

"We'll get you cleaned up... But thank the Goddess it's nothing too serious!"

Ingrid did not waste any time helping (Y/N) get on her horse, with the intention of hurrying her to the monastery. The first thing Ingrid would do when getting there was to call for Manuela. She could clean (Y/N) up in no time and help her get back on her feet.

"- And what about the horse?"

"We can look for it later."

"Maybe we should send someone out to get it," (Y/N) suggested.

"Right, but let's take care of you first," Ingrid said, and so they began to ride back to the monastery.

(Y/N) was especially grateful for Ingrid and touched at her worry for her safety. She couldn't help but think that her friend was perhaps the most thoughtful person she knew. Ingrid, whom (Y/N) saw as a rather distant and meticulous person seemed all of a sudden much warmer at heart and perhaps even... human.

Ingrid was surprised at the sudden hug from behind she received from (Y/N). She had to turn around to make sure it was really her, and she even blushed.

"(Y/N)?"

"I just want to thank you. So... thank you," and that was all that she said. The rest of the ride was spent in silence, with (Y/N) holding onto Ingrid whilst Ingrid's heart kept on beating far too rapidly inside her poor chest.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

It was starting to get late when Ingrid and (Y/N) finally got back at the monastery. Ingrid was even beginning to become worried about the infirmary even being open at this hour, so she wanted to hurry (Y/N) over there.

They headed to the stables. Ingrid got off the horse and helped (Y/N) get that down as well.

For a good minute, she stayed in Ingrid's arms like so, and they looked at each other without a word, until (Y/N) mustered the courage to finally say something... Or, actually, do something.

She pressed a light kiss against Ingrid's cheek. It drove Ingrid mad- Her face became a burning red. Thank the Goddess it was dark outside or else Ingrid would've died on the spot.

"Thank you again... My knight in shining armor," (Y/N) muttered.

"Aren't you exaggerating?" Ingrid simply said, but her heart would've wanted to say more.

"I'm not. You've always been a knight in shining armor, to me," and she quietly added, "Now, you're just my knight in shining armor. Is that so bad?"

Ingrid was at loss for words.

'I think that horse did a lot more to her than she can tell,' Ingrid told herself, as she looked at her friend with brows raised so high they almost left her forehead.

And so she grabbed (Y/N)'s hand, and in a hurry, rushed her to the infirmary, frightened that something terrible must've happened to her friend, but (Y/N) knew, and from behind, she softly smiled (a smile Ingrid thought was due to an injured head).

She really thought it was too good to be true.