Dimitri X Reader- Worried (Request)

Request: @byleth-fe
Genre: lowkey fluff
Warnings: None
Word count: 582
Gender: Female
Additional Info: None

Had a lot of fun writing this!
Enjoy!

Harsh and difficult battles always invite terrible injuries from its fighters.

That was the case for (Y/N), one of the students of the Blue Lions, a sweet yet stubborn girl who did not intend to make such a fuss over her when she came back to the monastery.

Prince Dimitri, seemed to have lost all sensibility and reason when he heard news of his girlfriend, (Y/N) getting injured.

He scolded, in his usual, polite yet stern manner his classmates, and then as soon as he saw her, the prince already seemed to have forgotten his past lecture and his classmates.

It was so unlike him, and it was quite the comical scene, to watch him carry (Y/N) to the infirmary, set her on the bed, plead Manuela to do something for (Y/N), anything to make her feel better, before running out to gather what could keep her occupied.

After running around left and right for what seemed like an eternity, he went back to the infirmary, and plopped on the seat next to her.

(Y/N) couldn't help but laugh, when she sass how red his cheeks were and how out of the ordinary this whole evening had been.

"Don't laugh at my misery," but he smiled.

"Oh! That's not what I'm laughing at! It's just... This whole evening has been incredible! I've never seen you act so..."

"Pathetically?"

"- So energetically, I guess."

"Of course," he frowned. What he had spent the evening doing seemed natural to him, "It's true that it's not often that I act like such, but I did it because it was you, and you are my everything. It's only normal. Don't you think?"

"It's just peculiar. That's all," she justified.

"That I take care of you? Do I really do it so rarely?" He sadly asked.

"Oh, no! I'm badly expressing myself! It's just that when you take care of me usually, you are usually far more calm and collected than you were now."

"You were hurt, and I was worried," he caressed her wound, "And I still am. You mean so much to me. Seeing you hurt hurts me too," the prince frowned, "You must follow whatever Manuela told me, so you get better faster," he finally smiled, "Only then will you see me 'calm and collected'."

"I'll follow every one of her instructions if that's what pleases you, Dimitri. I don't want you to make too much of a fuss already. I'm sure it's not very good for you to stress too much and so suddenly, so I'll try my best to feel better," she promised, much to Dimitri's relief.

Then, she looked at what Dimitri had been carrying around all evening, and smiled.

"Now, what did you bring for me?"

His eyes lit up, for he had spent quite some time trying to find good things to bring her so she wouldn't be bored. He showed her a couple of books he had picked up and some dessert from the cafeteria. (Y/N) was delighted to see everything he had brought.

"Oh, Dimitri! You know me so well!" She said, and she kissed him on the cheek.

She picked up the books and the dessert, "I'll enjoy these very much! As well as your presence, if you don't mind," (Y/N) added, not without blushing.

Dimitri smiled, "I was planning on staying already, but if it's your own wish, then it makes me even more glad to stay with you."