Dorothea X Reader- One more hour (Request)

Request: @crazyjt5150
Genre: Idk
Warnings: None
Word count: 609
Gender: Male
Additional Info: None

Enjoy!

The Black Eagles didn't expect their mission to be this long and tiring.

On their trip back to Garreg Mach, it was completely dark outside and neither of the students, nor the professor, knew what time it was, but Byleth guessed that they were two or three hours away from the monastery, which was still a lot. They forgot how many hours it took for them to get to this point.

(Y/N) was put in charge of one of the horse drawn carts. There were three of them: Edelgard and Hubert (he didn't want to leave her side) were in charge of one and the professor was in charge of the one in the front.

Not many people were in (Y/N)'s chart, mostly weapons and some provisions if they ever needed any. He was supposed to make sure they wouldn't get stolen by bandits or that they wouldn't just... disappear.

(Y/N) took his responsibility very seriously and swore not to fall asleep during the whole trip, so he could keep an eye on everything in the cart. But it was difficult, and sometimes, he'd accidentally close his eyes for too long before Dorothea would wake him up. Right, Dorothea was the only other person in the cart with him. They wanted to stay together through and through.

For (Y/N)'s plan to work, Dorothea had to wake him up in case he fell asleep, but she didn't like doing it, because each time she woke him up, the more drowsy he was.

"(Y/N), you should let me take over."

"Absolutely not!"

"This isn't going to work. You can barely keep your eyes open, let alone watch over a cart! Go to sleep and let me take over," she insisted.

"The professor put me in charge. The least I can do is follow through."

"I know but I came along so that means you can share the responsibility with me," she sighed, "How do you think it works with Edie and Hubie in the other cart? I bet they're taking turns, knowing how stubborn Hubie is."

Reluctantly, (Y/N) huffed, "Fine. But just for an hour. I don't want to stay asleep for too long."

Proud to have finally changed his mind, she made him scoot over. It wasn't necessary but she liked taking his place, it felt like she was really taking over the job.

Snuggling against her, resting his head on her shoulder, he let out a sigh of relief. Maybe he did need this.

"Promise me to wake me up in an hour?" He muttered, already having his eyes closed.

"I promise," she softly said, "Good night."

No answer. He was already asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

One hour had passed, Dorothea thought, but when she turned to him, (Y/N) was still sleeping like a rock.

Gently laying him between provisions, she couldn't bring herself to wake him up. He really needed some rest and besides, (Y/N) looked so peaceful and at ease asleep! She really couldn't wake him up.

Kissing him on the forehead, she smiled one last time before telling herself that she'll wake him up in an hour. He could then watch over for the rest of the time being.

But time passed by, and when (Y/N) woke up from his long nap, they had already arrived at the monastery. The student was a little annoyed by it but couldn't remain that way too long as he had to bring back Dorothea who was exhausted from the trip to her dorm room. It was the least he could do in return after she let him sleep for so long.