Leonie X Reader- Training (Request)

Request: @ThunderFuse
Genre: ?
Warnings: None
Word count: 742
Gender: Male
Additional Info: None

I'm writing a bunch of requests at the moment because I don't feel like studying for Tuesday's test (usual excuses). I noticed how my oneshots have become shorter. They barely reach the 700 word count.. I don't know how to feel about this. At this point, these oneshots are clearly meant to be short, fun and sweet. Because if I were to write something longer and more complex, I'd post it on Ao3. I feel like a certain type of oneshot is meant for a certain type of platform, you feel me?
Anyways, enjoy!

At the training grounds, while Leonie was training with her sword, (Y/N) for a moment stopped in his tracks to appreciate her technic.

She was an amazing sword fighter and he was impressed. To be fair, he couldn't help but be a little jealous. His talents didn't lie in sword fighting but more so in magic.

After stopping herself for a second, Leonie turned her head around and noticed him standing idly on the side.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) smiled and waved, "Hey Leonie."

She made her way towards him.

"You should've told me you'd be coming! That way we could've trained together!"

He simply shrugged. He didn't want to bother her, "I don't know. There's no use in trying. Swords are just not my thing. I should just stick to magic, you know?"

"Well, that's what training's for! Improving! So come on!" She grabbed a spare sword and shoved it in his hands.

"Lets train!"

"Wait, wait- Right now?" He asked, puzzled.

"I mean- You're here. So why not?"

"Do we really have to-"

"Yes!" She replied, dragging him to the court.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N), I think what's really holding you back is the way you hold a sword. If you keep holding it that way, improving will be way more difficult then it should be."

Leonie walked up to him.

"Loosen your grip. Let me show you."

He did as he was told so the girl could position his hands on the sword just right.

When she thought his grip good enough, she let go off him.

"Now try and swing your sword."

(Y/N) swung it around. At the results, he smiled. He was quite proud of himself. Leonie, right behind him gave the boy a thumbs up.

"Oh, yeah! It's actually better to hold it this way," he chuckled, "Who could've thought. Thanks Leonie."

"You should also try to loosen your grip a little. Let loose and let the sword do most of the work. You don't have to hold it so tight."

* He nodded and smiled, "I'll keep that in mind, thank you."

Leonie seemed lost in thought for a moment before her face lit up.

"I'll bring in the dummy! You'll never be able to fight with a sword if you can't actually fight someone with it- Or at least, something with it, for now."

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"Again! You didn't hit the dummy right, (Y/N)!"

Out of breath, (Y/N) had to pause for a second to take a breath and wipe the sweat of his forehead.

They had been training for two whole hours now and it was starting to get to him.

"I'm trying!" He cried our, exhausted, "Look, I think we trained enough for the day. And it's getting pretty late..."

"Two minutes! Come on! You almost got it!"

"Leonie, I'm really tired," he set down his sword, "Listen, I really appreciate your help but I have a bunch of assignments I need to finish and I also need to eat- And I'm pretty sure the cafeteria's closing soon..."

Any excuse was fine. He just wanted to get this over with and continue another day, when he wouldn't be as exhausted. If only he was as energetic as she was! Perhaps then he could train until midnight nonstop.

Leonie at first seemed a little saddened and reluctant but she finally agreed to stop, taking his sword from his hands and putting it back into its place.

"Fine. But tomorrow, after class, meet me up here," she looked back at him with a huge smile, "You're really getting somewhere and it's not by slacking off that you'll improve!"

He chuckled, "I'm not slacking off, Leonie. It's just that I've got a lot of stuff to do. But I promise that I'll come back tomorrow," (Y/N) replied, smiling softly.

The two of them stood awkwardly around each other, nothing left for them to say, until (Y/N) spoke up.

"Say, since you've been helping me out for the last couple of hours, how about I offer you dinner?" He asked, a little blush appearing on his cheeks.

She laughed, "That's really nice of you but I much prefer eating at the cafeteria. It's free and it's closer!"

"I mean... Sure. If that's what you want," he muttered. Perhaps that suggestion was too much.

Leonie, excited, began to rush towards the training grounds' exit.

"Come on! Move faster or else no meal for you!"