Robin X Reader- A turn for the best (Request)

Request: @I_Am_Ocean
Warnings: None
Word count: 605
Gender: Female
Additional info: Male! Robin

Enjoy!

"Argh! Robin, it hurts!"

Despite her protests, Robin kept on healing her. (Y/N) had gotten injured during the battle, so the tactician escorted her to a more secluded area so he could heal her personally.

"Listen, if you weren't moving around so much, then maybe we could get this over with sooner."

(Y/N) sighed, resting her head against the tree.

"Why are you doing this?"

"What? Why I'm healing you? Because you're wounded," Robin answered, looking up at her, raising a brow.

"You could've just handed me over to one of the healers and just head back into battle. You're our tactician, after all. You've got better things to do."

He frowned, "(Y/N)... I wouldn't leave my friend to die on the battlefield and just move on."

"Our healers would've been able to keep me alive just fine."

"I'm starting to believe that you just don't want me to heal you, (Y/N)."

"No, no, I do! I'm honored to have our tactician take the time to heal me personally. I just don't think I'm really worth going through all the trouble.."

"You're worth going through any trouble, (Y/N)," he replied softly, going back to healing her.

(Y/N) sighed, looking elsewhere, "You're just being nice, Robin. I'm not that important- I'm just... some soldier who works for Chrom- Nothing special. Really, I believe you should just head back into battle and take care of people who actually matter, because me dying wouldn't bother anyone and it wouldn't be that significant, so please-"

As Robin listened to her blabbering on so foolishly, he was finally getting on his last nerve, and in the heat of the moment, the tactician couldn't keep it in anymore.

"Oh for God's sake, I love you! Now, will you let me heal you and shut up for a second?"

For a moment, (Y/N) stared at him eyes wide open, unsure if she had heard it right. Robin said nothing, flustered and quiet, in the heat of the moment.

Neither of them spoke to each other for the rest of the battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the battle was over, everyone when back to camp, whilst (Y/N) was immediately brought to the infirmary. Healers took care off her and put her in a medical bed, for the time being.

Unexpectedly, Robin came inside the tent.

"(Y/N)..."

As soon as she saw him enter, she lightly blushed, "Robin."

"I'm sorry about what I said earlier today- I... I don't know what came over me. I got riled up and ended up saying something I should've kept to myself," he apologized coming next to her bed.

"So... What you said was true?"

"That..."

"That you love me."

For a moment, Robin stood quiet, wondering what if she should do now, but he soon realized that everything had already been said and that it was too late to turn back now.

He sighed as he sat down next to the medical bed.

"It's of no use to back away from the truth now- Yes, I do love you."

At the truth, (Y/N) smiled, looking at him.

Robin raised a brow, "You're awfully happy about this."

(Y/N) groaned, "Oh, can't I be happy for once too? The man I love just told me that he loves me back! That's reason enough, isn't it?"

His eyes widened, "Wait- So you..."

Annoyed, she let out an exasperated yes.

"Oh," Robin smiled, "I didn't expect that... That took a turn."

(Y/N) chuckled, "It kind of did, didn't it? A turn for the better, of course."

"Yes- A turn for the best."