Edelgard X Reader- Taking you in (Request)

Request: @yuukiLH
Warnings: None
Word count: 919
Gender: Male
Additional info: Edelgard X Shy! Commoner! Reader

3 oneshots in one evening, I'm dying. I definitely did not edit or proof read this. This seems like I'm implicating that I edit and proof read all my stuff. I don't. It's raw writing. Good night y'all. I'm heading to bed.
Enjoy!

The last battle was a little more difficult than usual. (Y/N) had gotten ambushed by a foe and beaten down. Luckily, not to death. Edelgard was close by and so she saved him from further beating, taking him in...

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) woke up in a bed- But it was not his own. It all felt strange and confusing.

As soon as he opened his eyes, he fell upon Princess Edelgard herself who was seated at her desk. She was right next to him. (Y/N) had to rub his eyes and blink twice to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

"Princess Edelgard...?"

Edelgard turned around. When she saw him.c she half smiled, "I see you're finally awake," she then frowned, "There were no more places in the infirmary so I decided to take you in."

Seeing as he was a little perplex still, she continued, "I thought it best for me to supervise you personally. I hope you don't find it too strange. As the house leader, one of my duties consists in taking good care of my classmates."

"I didn't know that was a thing."

"It's common sense."

"I see," he sighed, "Well, you didn't have to. Surely you have better things to do than take care of-"

(Y/N) tried to move but a sharp pain in the stomach pushed him right back onto the bed.

"I should've warned you beforehand- The enemy hit you in your stomach. It's quite deep."

He lifted his shirt to reveal a messy bandage covering his lower stomach.

"It looks terrible, I know, but I had to do it myself, or else it would've gotten infected."

"I- Thank you... Lady Edelgard. You really shouldn't have. You went through so much trouble just for me. A princess, taking care of a commoner... This is all a little strange, don't you think?"

"It shouldn't be. Status does not matter between students, especially classmates."

She seemed so sure of herself that (Y/N) did not bother to argue, instead looking around the room, then at the bed he was on top off.

"Speaking off... If I'm to stay here, where will you sleep? Where will I sleep?"

Edelgard frowned, "That's... something I've yet to figure out. I could let you sleep in my bed for the time being."

"Are you saying that I'm stealing your bed?" He went pale, "Oh no, no- No way! I can't! Can't someone else take me in?"

The thought of it made him shudder and it terrified him. Absolutely not!

"Why, is it so terrible to sleep in a princess' bed?" She teased.

(Y/N) immediately blushed at the connotation, "No! Hum... Yes! In this type of situation, it definitely is...!"

"Well, I could always take you to Hubert's then," she muttered.

Seeing his face turn from red to pale, she quickly added, "I was joking... I wouldn't actually do that... no need to make a face."

"I'll sleep on the floor," he thought aloud.

"Have you gone insane? I won't let you."

(Y/N) huffed, "Fine! Then I guess we'll sleep in the same bed!"

He spat that out so quickly that when he realized what he had said, he became beet red, but Edelgard seemed quite serious about it.

"I... I didn't mean to actually say that..."

"Yes, I see that, but that would not be out of our realm of possibilities..."

He scoffed, "Hum... Yes! Yes, it would. In no way is a princess sleeping next to a commoner."

"I'll sleep on the floor, then, if you're so pressed."

She was beginning to get a annoyed. At the visible frown upon her face, (Y/N) did not argue any further, finally letting Edelgard win this round.

"No! Ugh, fine! I'll sleep next to you... But, are you sure that would be... fine?"

"Of course."

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

Night came quick and so it was time for (Y/N) to scoot over to make room for Edelgard on her bed.

Luckily, the bed was a little wider than the average dorm bed so there was enough space for the both of them.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)? Tell me if I'm hurting you in any way."

"No, no... I'm good, thank you."

A synchronized sigh followed by a pause, before (Y/N) began to talk again.

"Hey, hum... Edelgard?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you- For letting me sleep in your bed. I appreciate you for not letting me sleep in the hallway instead."

Edelgard chuckled, "You sure do think highly of me."

It was his turn to chuckle, "No, but I'm serious... Thank you, really. It means a lot to me that you care so much. I believe this is one of the reasons why you'll become a great leader when you're of age, Edelgard."

"Really? Out of all my qualities, this is the one I expected the least. Im surprised- But in a good way. Thank you."

"No need to thank you," he blushed under the covers, "And what? Maybe when you'll become a leader, next time you'll help someone like you just helped me, you'll think of me."

"I'll think of you because of more things than this."

"You will?"

"Yes. There would be no reason for me not to."

He sighed, closing his eyes again, "So many expectations for a boy so young..."

"I'm sure you'll do good, (Y/N)."

"Yeah... We'll see. Anyways, don't let me keep you up, especially since I'm taking up a little more than half your bed. Good night, Edelgard."

"Good night, (Y/N)."