Marianne X Reader- Will you marry me? (Request)

Request: @Zawwefan
Warnings: None
Word count: 1118
Gender: Male
Additional info: Young Adult! Marianne X Boyfriend! Young Adult! Reader

Marianne is such wife material I stan.
Enjoy!

Marianne and (Y/N) had been dating for a couple of years now. They were very close to each other and loved each other very much. This was it. (Y/N) it the right time to propose to Marianne and make it official.

He was a little unsure at first. Maybe asking Marianne's hand in marriage wasn't that good of an idea- He just wasn't sure, so he met up with Hilda at lunch to talk to her about it and ask for an honest opinion and some advice. She was Marianne's best friend. Surely she knew something that could be of use for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh. My. God! (Y/N)! You're being serious, aren't you? You are! I can see it! Oh, this is amazing! You don't know how happy I am for you! I knew this would happen sooner or later! You two are just so cute together!" Hilda was so excited at the news that she went on and on, while (Y/N) awkwardly sat there, simply relieved to know that he had Hilda's approval. She was Marianne's best friend, after all.

"So... About the proposal then... How do you think I should proceed?"

Hilda then stopped jumping around, lost in thought, "How you should proceed? That's a weighty question for someone like me, you know..."

"I know, but you're her best friend. Surely you know what she'd like."

"Hm..." Hilda's face lit up, "Oh! I think I've got it! Marianne loves the beach. You should propose to her there! But don't take her swimming or anything, she doesn't like wearing swimsuits and swimming isn't really her thing... Take her on a nice walk by the seashore! She'll love that."

"You're sure...?"

"Trust me on this. It's a simple yet beautiful and peaceful activity... That's Marianne, for you."

(Y/N) seamed a little skeptical at first, but he soon realized that Hilda was right.

"You're probably right. We'll take a walk by the beach and I'll propose to her there."

"Oh! And do it at sunset. Most people leave before then and the scenery will be beautiful too!"

(Y/N) smiled, nodding, "Smart. I'll do just that. Thanks a lot, Hilda. I think I finally have an idea of what I'll do. All this proposal thing is so confusing and new to me. Luckily, you're here."

"No need to thank me. It's an honor to plan your proposal. Honestly, I just knew this would happen, so I just planned ahead."

The man chuckled, "You're really a genius when you want to, Hilda,"

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) did as Hilda told him to. He invited Marianne over at the beach, around sunset, when people were scarce on the beach. All of the anticipation that lead to this moment made him nervous.

Marianne came soon enough, dressed in a simple yet beautiful attire. She looked lovely.

"You look very nice, Marianne," he said, smiling.