Missing You

Zak's point of view

A couple of days have passed and today is the day I travel to Michigan to go and visit my step family and visit my dad's resting place. I'm really not looking forward to the trip not because I'm going through a hard time missing my dad and the anniversary of his passing. I'm not looking forward to leaving my girl and son behind.

As I was getting my stuff together and Gracie's stuff together Aaron came through the door.

Aaron: "Hey everyone"

Zak: "hey dude thanks for coming over"

Aaron: "that's OK bro, I'm happy to look after Catherine (y/n) and Cody"

As I was turning around and Aaron came inside more we saw Cody crawling over to us with Catherine (y/n) close behind him.

Cody: "dada!... Hiya.. Mum mum"

Hearing Cody say more and more words makes my heart melt, he's really growing up so quick. As Cody grabbed my trousers I bent down and picked him up.

Zak: "hiya Cody... Look who's here to see you, its uncle Aaron"

Aaron: "hiya Cody bear"

Cody: "hiya... Aar"

Aaron: "aww that's so cute, yes its uncle Aar"

Aaron reached over and grabs Cody out of my arms and gave him a hug.

Catherine (y/n): "I swear he's crawling faster and faster every day"

Zak: "he sure is"

I wrapped my arms around Catherine (y/n) and held her. I'm so glad she's feeling better now, I felt really bad that I'm going away for a couple of days whilst she's ill but thankfully whatever was affecting Catherine (y/n) has passed and I got my girl back.

Catherine (y/n): "have you got everything you need for your trip?"

Zak: "No...I don't have my girl and son with me"

She looked at me and I know she can tell I'm still not happy about leaving her behind.

Catherine (y/n): "it's only for a few days baby and then you'll be back home with us... Plus you've got your other girl Gracie going with you to keep you company"

Zak: "she'll look after me"

Catherine (y/n): "she sure will"

As I embraced Catherine (y/n) more I started to get upset again.

Aaron: "hey dude, everything will be OK. I won't let anything happen to these 2, I'll keep them safe"

Zak: "I know you will bro but I'm also a bit apprehensive about going because Catherine (y/n) hasn't been very well and she's only just got better"

Catherine's (y/n) point of view

As Zak said that Aaron looked at me, what Zak doesn't know is that I have told Aaron I'm pregnant. As Aaron looked at me I mentally told him don't say anything Zak doesn't know yet.

Aaron: "she'll be fine bro, I promise, if any problems I'll let you know"

Zak: "thanks Aaron"

Then it came the time Zak wasn't looking forward to, Zak had to leave and head on the road. He took Cody from Aaron and gave him a big cuddle and kissed his little cheek.

Zak: "be good for mommy... I love you"

He kissed Cody's cheek again and handed him back to Aaron before he came over to me and embraced me tight in his arms.