Guilt

Zak's point of view

After finding out Catherine (y/n) got pregnant the first time we made love all I felt was pure guilt. Then the what ifs kicked in.

'What if Catherine (y/n) found out when she was back in the UK'

'What if she was alone

'She would've been alone through the whole pregnancy'

'would she have told me about the baby'

I also feel guilty as there was alot Catherine (y/n) could've done with her life but now she has a baby on the way. I am very happy we're together, having a baby on the way and will be getting married in the future.. But I can't help but feel guilt.

Catherine's (y/n) point of view

After talking to Billy for a little bit longer, he headed back to the hotel for the night. Then the doctors came in to examine Zak.

Doctor: "hey Zak is nice to see you awake again, how are you feeling?"

Zak: "really good thanks, I just hurt in a few places"

Doctor: "you have alot of injuries, most if them are cuts and bruises but there are some that are more than just that"

Doctor: "you have fractured a couple of your ribs, arm and a very faint hairline fracture on your hip area. So plenty of bed rest and light exercise. You should be good to go again in a few weeks"

I can see Zak looking a bit frustrated as he doesn't like not doing anything. Hopefully he'll rest up and not be stubborn. He looked at me as if he knew what I was thinking and I smiled at him, he slightly smiled at me and then looked away.

Something is bugging him, he was so happy just now. What's changed?

Catherine (y/n): "so doctor when can Zak go home?"

Doctor: "we'll keep him in for tonight and see how he is in the morning. If all goes well he should be able to go home tomorrow"

Catherine (y/n): "thank you"

Doctor: "rest up Zak and I'll see you tomorrow"

After the doctor left I sat next to Zak, he's being so quiet. I need to find out what's wrong, have I done something to upset him.

Catherine (y/n): "baby what's wrong, have I done something to upset you?"

Zak: "No you haven't done anything wrong baby" he looked away again

Catherine (y/n): "then what's wrong, why won't you look at me?"

Then he did, but all I can see is sadness in his eyes, the scene in front of me made my heart ached. I started to feel worried.

Zak: "I'm sorry baby"

What? What's going on. Oh no is he breaking up with me...has he changed his mind about the baby..?

Catherine (y/n): "why are you apologising for baby? You haven't done anything wrong?"

Zak: "I've ruined your life...your future"

Catherine (y/n): "what?...no you haven't baby, you've made my life and my future perfect"

Zak: "but I got you pregnant really quickly and early"

Catherine (y/n): "Zak it was bound to happen sooner or later, I promise you it's a blessing, not a curse"

Zak: "but..."

Catherine (y/n): "No buts baby, everything will be ok...I promise"

Zak: "I love you baby"

Catherine (y/n): "I love you more baby, will you please stop worrying, I'm not going anywhere..I'm yours forever"

Zak: "til the lights burn out in vegas?"

I smiled as he's quoting "our" song

Catherine (y/n): "til the lights burn out in Vegas"

He laughed a little and smiled his beautiful smile that makes my heart skip beat. Then we kissed, it started of soft and tenderly, then Zak deepened it. We then laid in the bed and decide to watch some tv, it's going to be strange having Zak off from work for a little while but it'll be amazing spending time together and hopefully be going for our baby's first scan.

After a little while of watching tv Zak started to get up as he really needed to go to the bathroom. Me being miss panicky I was worrying about Zak.

Catherine (y/n): "where do you think you're going?"

Zak: "I need to go to the bathroom"

Catherine (y/n): "ok let me help you"

Zak: "I'm ok baby, I can manage going to the bathroom"

Catherine (y/n): "ok Mr stubborn, just let me be there just in case you need support then" Zak laughed a little.

Zak: "ok baby, deal"

I helped Zak and as he was walking to the bathroom I was standing close by just in case he needed support. Seeing Zak walking in pain, broke my heart but I know he'll make a speedy recovery. Nothing like this can bring him down.

After Zak was done in the bathroom he came out and I could see he was starting to be in more pain than he was already in. So I went over to him, wrapped my arm around him and helped him to walk. I can sense Zak didn't want to put any weight on me so I reassured him it'll be ok.

Catherine (y/n): "come on baby put some of your weight on me"

Zak: "No baby I don't want you to struggle and put your body under any stress. I don't want to hurt you or the baby"

Catherine (y/n): "I love that you're so protective of us both already, but I promise we'll be fine. Come on"

So eventually he did and I took him back to bed and we both got back into the bed, watched more tv.

Catherine (y/n): "I got something else to tell you baby"

Zak: "what's that baby?"

Catherine (y/n): "I'm not the only one pregnant"

Zak: "who is pregnant too?"

Catherine (y/n): "don't tell anyone yet, I'm sure Jay will tell you the news himself...Morgan is pregnant too"

Zak: "really?, that's so cool. I'm gonna be a uncle again"

Catherine (y/n): "yes you are, and I'm gonna be a auntie"

Zak: "how many weeks is she pregnant?"

Catherine (y/n): "5 weeks, so these 2 babies are gonna be really close together"

Zak: "they're already best friends baby"

Catherine (y/n): "I know...are you sure you're happy with me and that we're having a baby?"

Zak: "I'm over the moon baby, you have made my life perfect and this baby will be so loved by all. I'm gonna try and be the best dad in the world"

Catherine (y/n): "you're already the best dad in the world baby..I love you"

Zak: "I love you more beautiful"

We both kissed and watched some more tv and eventually both fell asleep in eachothers arms.