76. My Breaking Point

Louis' POV

"My car is ready, I'm going to go fetch it ok?" Ty kissed my cheek and headed out.

"Wait! I'll take you!" I offered and she nodded.

We walked a short trip down to Hyundai to retrieve what was her 'stolen' vehicle. Hyundai was just down the road so it didn't hurt to walk for a change.

"Are you excited love, your car is back." I enthused.

"Of course!"

We entered the dealership and a gentleman approached us. "Hi, can I assist you?" He shook our hands and placed a smile on his face. "I'm here to pick up my car, it was retrieved from Tracker earlier today."

"Oh I've been expecting you Tyla is it?" He inquired.

"Yip" she answered.

"Please follow" he led us to the back of the dealership.

There stood Ty's car but it looked a little different. Her car was polished and had a few new parts on it. I couldn't even tell if it was hers or a brand new one.

"What's the damage?" Ty observed the vehicle from one side to the other.

"Well there was a massive dent on the side that we repaired, we added a fin to the roof as requested and some other parts as discussed on the phone. We also redid the paint job and polished the vehicle." The mechanic appeared as well.

"And the tyres?" Ty bent down and checked the tyres of the car.

"We replaced them as well, these can take more" the mechanic explained.

Why was she asking so many questions?

"Is speed control on?." She eventually asked.

"Umm it is set for a certain limit-" she cut the man off.

"Take it off" she insisted.

"But ma'am for your own safety.." He trailed but she stayed persistent.

"I said take it off goddammit." She snapped.

The man then took the speed control off. I stood aside and watched her observe the car.

"Is the system set right?" She began.

"It is but I will double check it if you want" he offered sitting in the drivers setting the system right.

"Is this fin good with wind resistance?" He again questioned.

"It's the best fin in the shop that can fit your model" he explained.

"Engine?" The mechanic got out.

"It's a 1800 engine, it has a lot of power. The system is right and we replaced the glass of your window with shatterproof glass." He finished.

I was quite taken aback with her behavior, why would she care so much about the different parts and if speed control was on. I've never actually driven with Ty but Harry has and he's still alive so I'm sure she's not so bad.

"Thank you so much for your patience, we hope to do business with you in future." Ty shook the two men's hands and got in the car with me in the passenger seat.

"What's with the whole speed control, system stuff? It's a car, if it moves it's fine" I put the safety belt on as she started the car.

"I want my car to last you know" she giggled and we drove off.

"What's happening tonight?" I asked as she still hasn't shared any info of her plans.

"It's a surprise, let's just say I'm seeing a few old friends." She had a devious smirk.