78. I'm All Out Of Faith

Louis' POV

*1 week later*

It's been a week and a bit.

Since the accident.

Since the coma.

She still hasn't woken up and every hour that passes I miss her even more.

I prayed everyday that she would wake up and be in my arms again but the way I hoped for things to happen... It happened to go the exact opposite.

She was getting worse by the day and doctors are giving her at least a few more days before they think she'll eventually die.

Dr Karev is the main one.

But it was true and you couldn't change it, she was getting worse. The doctors said there's been no improvement of her heart rhythm yet or her lung starting to function again... Although her physical injuries are healing there might not be a chance she'll wake up.

The doctors had little hope and honestly, I was losing mine.

I was currently sitting in the hospital chair in my girlfriend's room when the doctor came in. I took my eyes off her unresponsive figure and then gave my attention to the doctor.

"You've been here quite a lot... It's like you never leave." Dr Karev wrote on his clipboard before placing it at the end of the bed.

"I stay as long as I possibly can." I mumbled sitting back again glancing back at Ty.

"So I've come to give you a report back..." He started.

I know where this is going.

"There are still no signs of a normal heartbeat or pattern of normal breathing... Mr Tomlinson it hard for me to tell you she's on her last, the only thing keeping her here is the life support... It's only going to get worse from here."

A lump formed in my throat. I've been dreading that news.

I stayed quiet for a moment before I asked the only question on my mind.

"Is there any chance, even the slightest that she could just pull through?"

"It's very unlikely, I would give her about 24 hours."

He looked over at her and then back at me.

"To get better or?" I asked.

"The medical staff and I had a meeting about this case and we think it's best we put the life support off, obviously with your go ahead. Cause I don't think she's going to make it any longer. But it's your choice."

"I.. I .. I.. I'll think about it."

XxX

I got home completely lost in my thoughts.

Should I? Shouldn't I?

I don't want to lose her but I if she's getting worse I don't want her in pain.

I chucked the keys on the counter and collapsed in the couch. I was so gone in my own world I didn't even notice Zayn and Harry in the backyard.

"Hey mate." Zayn came in.

Harry came in after running a hand through his curls.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hi boys." I mumbled and started playing with the hem of my shirt.

"And? How's she doing?" Harry asked sitting down across me.

"She's-"

Diandra came from upstairs.