30. Too Late To Apologize? [Part One]

Liam's POV (Didn't see that coming, did ya?)

The plane ride home was miserable, if anything. Diandra was at the back of the plane with Lee, crying into her shoulder and Harry was in front with Niall doing the same thing. I sat there, thinking of how to get them back together. Harry may be my best friend and like a brother to me, but he truly is an idiot. Obviously Diandra would get upset with him kissing another girl, but I didn't expect her to break up with him, with the way they feel for each other.

We landed and were in the van, going back to the house. Finally we arrived and everyone got out, but Diandra stayed in the car.

"C'mon, love. Come inside." I said softly.

"Why? I'm not in a relationship with Harry so why should I be here? Why don't I just go home? There's no purpose for me anymore." She said flatly.

"But babe, you're our best friend as well. We need you and Harry needs you. I don't want you to be alone."

"Harry doesn't need me." She started crying again.

"Trust me, he really does need you. If you wont come inside for him, come inside for the boys and I. You're like our little sister and we care about you."

She looked at me hesitantly, but eventually came inside. I led her to my room and told her she could stay there while I would stay with Zayn. She lay down in my bed and cried quietly.

"I still love him Liam."

"I know." I sat next to her and rubbed her back, until she fell asleep.

"Thank you Liam." She mumbled. I kissed her cheek.

I smiled and walked to Haz's room next door. I pushed the door open slowly so he wouldn't get mad or upset. I looked on his bed and there was a giant lump of blankets, him underneath it. I sat in the open space and noticed Diandra's pillows were missing. I pulled the blankets off of him and his face was nuzzled into her pillows.

There was a frown on his face, and tears were falling rapidly. He was mumbling, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I leaned closer and my heart broke when I heard what he was saying. "I can't live without you. Please Diandra. I need you. I love you." He was repeating this over and over.

I shook him softly and he woke up. "Hey mate." I said softly.

"I messed up Liam, and I've lost her." He put his large hand over his eyes, most probably crying again. Yup, he was crying, as I heard sniffles coming from him.

"You haven't lost her." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I have. You heard her, she broke up with me." He cried more.

"She still loves you. She told me." I said softly.

He was silent for a while. "Li?"

"Mhm?"

"Are you mad at me?" He asked, putting his head in his hands.

"I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed. You had something good going for you and you messed it up. She doesn't deserve to be hurt." I rubbed his back.

"I know. I don't know if I can fix this. I think the damage has been done." He looked up at me.

"If you never try, you'll never know."

"I don't understand you Liam. Now that we've broken up, you could have her, but instead you give me advice on how to get her back." He shook his head.

"I've realized that I'll never have the relationship that you have with her. She will never love me a quarter as much as she loves you." I smiled sadly.

Instead of saying anything, he just hugged me. "Thank you."

I smiled and walked back to the empty living room. Everyone was probably in bed already. I got onto the couch and fell asleep, but not before hearing Harry walk into my room.