65. Don't Let Me Go [Part Two]

Harry's POV

I stayed awake the whole night, watching her sleep. I was terrified that something happened while I was asleep and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it. The boys came to the hospital early the next morning and I was struggling to stay awake. Diandra was still asleep and I was close to following.

"Harry, go get some sleep. We'll stay here with her and if anything happens, we'll call you." Zayn said softly.

I nodded sleepily and kissed Diandra's forehead before being escorted to the van by Paul. He drove me back to the hotel and I went up to my room, getting undressed and collapsing on the bed.

XxX

I woke up to my ringtone blaring, and Diandra's name popped up on screen. I panicked and answered.

"Baby?" I asked groggily, sitting up on my elbow.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry." She said softly.

"No babe, don't worry. What's wrong?" I questioned.

"Harry, I need you." She sniffled.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes." I hung up and quickly got dressed.

I ran downstairs and drove to the hospital, running to her room. "Kitten?" I panted as I walked through the door.

"I'm sorry for waking you, I know how much you need sleep but-" I cut her off by pressing my lips against hers.

"I just need you." She finished.

The boys were at the far side of the room, watching us. I walked over to them, hugging them. "Thank you for staying with her."

"We're gonna go get some things for her and we'll be back." Liam smiled and I nodded.

They left the room and I went back to her. "Can you help me sit up please?" She asked.

I helped her sit up and bit my lip as she groaned in pain. She moved over so that I could sit next to her. "I bet I look absolutely gorgeous right now." She joked.

She had the bandage around her head, 3 stitches on her right cheek, 2 above her right eyebrow, a scar under her left eye and her face was badly bruised with scratches scattered around her face. She wasn't in the best condition, but she was still beautiful to me.

"You're beautiful baby." I kissed her cheek.

"Beautiful like Quasimodo." She tried laughing but gave up because of her broken ribs.

"Boo, can I tell you something?" She asked.

I nodded and played with her good hand. "After the paramedics got me out the car, I died. I saw a bright light and then my great grandmother, she told me it wasn't my time yet. She said I had to be here for you. You needed me. I think that's when you arrived and they were using the defibrillators. So yeah, I died." She whispered.

I wiped the tears from my eyes before she saw, otherwise she'd cry as well. I don't know what I would have done if she died. I don't even want to think about it. "Do you know what happened?" I asked.

"Hit by a drunk driver on my side, car flipped twice." She stated and I nodded.

"I'm sorry this happened to you. Such a beautiful person doesn't deserve this." I hugged her gently.

"Hey, some shit had to happen to me. My life was too good to be true. I have you and the boys and my girls. Something had to happen." She smiled weakly.

I shook my head and she rested her head on my chest. She looked up at me and played with the hair at the nape of my neck. "You know, you'd look really weird if you were bald." She giggled.

I smiled. "Yeah? Maybe I should shave my hair off." I teased.

"Don't you dare. What will I play with when I can't sleep?" She asked.

"Oh, so you love me for my hair? I'm hurt." I smirked slightly.

"Yup, its all in the hair. Magical powers that make me love you." She teased me.

We looked at each other and shared a look. A look of sadness, love and pure adoration. The corners of her mouth were pulled up into a small smile and I caressed her hair. She returned to her position of lying on my chest. "Awwww!" I heard someone coo.

I looked up and saw the boys, Niall with his phone in hand. He probably took a picture. They handed Diandra a bag of McDonalds and brought some things for her; toiletries, iPad, clothing and other things she'd use.

"Thank you guys." She smiled.

"No problem." They said.

She ate her McDonalds while the boys spoke to her, making her laugh. I'm glad they took her mind off losing our child, making her less upset. "Well, visiting times are over. We'll come later." Louis smiled and they all hugged her.

"While you were back home, I wrote a song for you. It was after one of our phone calls when you had to go. Every time we say goodbye, I get miserable and I cried myself to sleep on multiple occasions. I love you, and you know that. I always have this fear of you leaving me one day because you cant handle the hate or the days that we're apart, or even me being an idiot. So I wrote a song for you. Niall added the melody and I recorded it after we were finished recording for our new album. So yeah, you can listen if you'd like." I said once we were alone

She had tears in her eyes and nodded. "I'd love to."

I got my phone out and found the file. "I hope you like it. Its called Don't Let Me Go."

She pressed play and listened to the song. About halfway through, she started crying. Its like we're connected, when she cries I can't help but crying as well and vice versa. She looked up at me and with a struggle, she managed to climb onto my lap.

"I love you so much. That song was beautiful." She pushed some hair out my face.

"I love you too." I kissed her and she sighed sadly, burying her face in my neck.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked.

"I need you so badly." She whispered and I realized what she meant.

"I need you too, but we can't. I'll hurt you and I'm not prepared to." I said softly.

"You won't babe. If you're gentle it'll be fine." She caressed my cheek.

"What if I do?" I asked.

She shook her head and grabbed my hand. "I'm sorry baby. I love you, but no. When you're better we can go at it all day." I smiled.

She nodded and maneuvered herself back onto the bed. "I just missed you, a month without you was awful."

"I missed you too babe. When you get out of here, I'm all yours." I kissed her head.

"Gem and your mum came earlier. I chose some dress ideas. When you're on break, we need to discuss the venue and cake and stuff." My smile grew.

"I can't wait to marry you darling." I kissed her.

"I really like the song you wrote." She said.

"Babe?" I asked.

"Mhmm?" She hummed.

"Promise me one thing?"

"Anything." She looked up at me.

"Don't let me go."