Christmas Eve

A/N Happy Christmas to all my wonderful readers, some of you eagle eyed guys will notice I have jumped forward on the calender as I wanted to give y'all a Christmas chapter. Sorry I have been so MIA lately. If you have any questions about me ( the author ) personally about my life, please ask away in the comments. I'd love to get closer to y'all X

I opened my eyes and found myself wrapped in Noah's arms. It was Christmas Eve and I finally had everything organised. Maddie was sitting on the floor on Noah's side playing with her dolls. I got up gently, doing my best not to wake Noah. The first couple of weeks of the new job had gone really well but he was exhausted, he had to leave the house early and didn't get back till late. A couple of times he had even missed Maddie's bedtime which broke his heart. I put my slippers on and walked over to the mirror, turning to the side. There it was, finally I had a little bump. I had been so worried I wasn't showing yet, especially since Rachel had a bump now. I had been calling the doctor to ask her if it was normal but finally here she was.

' Hello little duck. ' I whispered. ' I've been so excited to see you.'

I continued to admire my new stomach in the mirror until Maddie decided she was finished playing with the dolls and wanted food. I got her some cereal and sat her in front of the tv so I could have a shower. The water trickled down my hair and back and fell onto the tiles. I spent ages massaging the shampoo into my scalp and then conditioning it. I walked into the wardrobe and slipped on a soft dress with my flats.

Maddie and I were outside in the kitchen making Christmas cookies when Noah walked out, he was shirtless wearing a pair of baggy grey lounge pants while still rocking his bed head. It was times like this I especially wondered how I was so lucky to be with him. He walked up behind me quietly and wrapped his arms around my waist. I could feel him feeling my tummy, suddenly realising that it felt different to yesterday. I turned to face him and grinned.

' Hey Elle? '

' What is it? ' I smiled.

' What's that? ' He grinned.

' A bump. ' I winked at him.

' Oh my god, it's a baby. She's in there. '

' Yes she's in there. ' I laughed. Noah bent down on the floor and started to kiss my tummy.

' This is the best Christmas present ever. ' He shouted and lifted me up and spun me around the kitchen and started kissing me passionately. He turned to Maddie and picked her up. ' You see that Maddie, that's your baby sister in there. He said, pointing to my tummy.

' Baby sista ' Maddie cooed with a mouthful of cookie crumbs falling out of her mouth.

' Jeez Maddie, save some cookies for the rest of it. ' Noah moaned as he scooped her up and sat down at the table to continue with the biscuits.

_________________________________________________________________

In the afternoon we decided to bring Maddie to the mall to see Santa. We didn't know if she was still a little young to understand exactly who she was but we decided to bring her anyway. I was standing in the line, Noah had gone to get Maddie juice in the store.

' Hey Maddie, who are you gonna meet? ' I asked her.

' Santa ho ho ho. ' She sang back to me. A handsome looking 'elf' came up behind us.

' Maddie Flynn? ' He asked me.

' Yep right here. ' I smiled.

' Okay perfect, it shouldn't be a big wait now. '

' Thank you so much. '

' I feel bad for you doing this all on your own. Some guys are just shit. ' He said and patted my lower back, making me recoil in horror.

' Um, I'm not on my own.. thank you. '

' Oh come on baby, nobody goes to see Santa alone on Christmas Eve unless their baby daddy left. '

' Oh is that so? '

' I'll be your baby daddy. ' He whispered in my ear, his hands slipping further and further down my waist. I tried to pull away but I was only twisting my back trying to move away from him.

' Can I fucking help you. ' Noah spat from behind me. I had never felt so relieved.

' Fuck off there buddy. '

' How the fuck do you think you are... ' Noah said, stepping towards him.

' What's your problem. '

' Get the fuck away from my wife before I get you fucking fired from this dead end job. God knows you couldn't do any better. ' Noah snarled back at him.

' Wife. ' He scoffed. Noah's instant reaction was to lunge at him but I grabbed his arm.

' Noah baby please don't, it's Maddie's Christmas Eve.. remember. ' Whenever I mentioned Maddie he softened instantly, nothing could come between him and his baby

girl.

' Come on girls, we don't need this shitty Santa's grotto anyway. ' In true Noah style, he pulled the barrier back and smacked the ' elf' right in the place that you should never hit a male elf as he walked past. He was truly incredible.

I had a message from Lee saying that Rachel and himself were in the parents house so we headed over there for dinner. Rachel was glowing. Hair done, tan done, perfect make up and she was wearing a jumper with thigh high heeled boots, not to mention she had a perfect bump. I suddenly felt disgusting even in my silk blue dress. I had less time to get ready like that though, I already had a little girl.

' Elle you look amazing.' June squealed as I walked into the kitchen. Noah hadn't come in yet since he was still in the car trying to calm down. I hugged everyone and sat down at the table with Maddie to feed her some dinner. She wasn't having any of it. Sometimes I felt a little bummed out being the only one with a baby to look after.. not for long though. This was going to be a great Christmas. I could feel it.