Rather Be With You

"My lord who knew traveling with kids would result in all these bags" We had all our luggage lined up at the door for our family getaway which we were leaving for tomorrow morning. Tonight was my album release party that was at some sort of top notch venue that Dave picked. "Honey you live with three girls what did you expect plus this is our last getaway before tour starts and then getting our house in New York" I looked at him smiling.

"Trust me I know it ain't cheap but I'm fucking ready babes. Now I'm gonna get the girls ready for bed and please take this time to get dressed" I kissed him on the cheek and ran upstairs to pick out my outfit. I already knew my fit I had it custom made and my hair was already laid so I just had to do my hair and makeup.

It only took about 45 minutes then I met Dave downstairs who had roses in his hand. "I'm really happy for you babes you worked really hard at it and now look at the outcome" I smiled at him he was the most supportive Husband a girl could ask for honestly. "Why thank hubby now let's go get stupid" He stuck out his arm and I gladly took it.

The venue was decked out in pink since everyone knows I'm like a barbie. "Yes bitch you look amazing in that my lord girl" Kennedy came over to me already handing me a drink. "Ahh the man of the hour let's have the women celebrate" Trey whispered Dave away and I followed Kennedy back to the girls. "I'm so happy for you queen honestly" Aaliyah got up giving me a hug. I was honestly so excited for tonight just to have all these people listen in to my craft.

"Um bitch I hope you have your shit packed we sleeping over at Jaycee's" Alexis asked Aaliyah. "Of course Kennedy gave me the heads up but I ain't come here to talk. We have unlimited drinks, our man's upstairs, and this fire ass song by Jaycee playing can we give twerk please" We all took one last shot then went downstairs to the dancefloor. Good Form was my type of song to definitely get lit too so I'm glad everybody was enjoying it.

At the end of the night everybody drove in they car back to my place so we could make our flight on time. "Damn Jay ya shit already number two how you feeling" I gave him a thumbs up. We changed into some pj's and for some reason the girls were up so they joined us downstairs with everybody. "I can't believe I'm friends with the iconic rap couple" Kennedy said fangirling. "Girl bye im like America's sexiest nigga alive so try again" Trey added.

"Blah blah I've never met more conceited group of people. But let's just say I'm proud of everybody here honestly like we've all been through some tough shit but we made it out" Alexis preached. "Honestly and I'm sure you all will miss seeing my good looks, my beautiful adorable children, and my sexy ass wife everyday. But you guys are more then welcome to come out to New York and stay at a hotel" I nudged Dave because he was too much.

"Enough of the sappy shiy can somebody tell me who the hell is this Xavier guy. He been up everybody picture and even slid in my Dm" We all looked at Alexis who I'm pretty sure was glad Keith was out of town for the night. "He's an ex and I'd be happy if he just stayed in the past. He did some foul shit and now he's no longer with us" Aaliyah sipped on her drink while staring at us. "So let me get straight if anybody has a problem with any one of you they basically just disappear from your life. Damn remind me to stay on y'all good side."

"We not that powerful I just think we don't have time for bullshit. I would say you came in at the right time honestly were all pretty positive" Dave patted her shoulder. "Thanks and also thanks for inviting me on y'all family vacation I need to get away honestly" We all raised our glasses and toasted. "I swear if we don't go on some jet ski's im finding some new bros" Desus added in.