Our Fate Sealed

I woke up to the familiar feeling of being kicked from the inside out. I inhaled and turned to look at Noah. He was still fast asleep. Since he came home I had to sleep on the outside of the bed so I could get up to pee without waking him up every hour.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Lee's door was open and I could hear him and Rachel talking. I walked in and sat on the bed. ' So how was prom for you kids. '

' Oh Elle, we had the best night. I wish you had stayed on'

' Well given I wasn't supposed to be going at all I think I did pretty well, don't you agree? ' I winked.

' The OMG's came up and congratulated me on becoming a dad..Clearly Warren managed to spread the word. ' I lay back on the bed and sighed. ' Nope sorry Lee, not this time. ' I laughed.

'Did I miss much?'

' What after your date broke a guys nose, nah. '

Rachel's eye's widened. ' Oh my gosh Elle, you're finding out the sex today aren't you. '

' I sure am.. I'm nervous. '

' My cousin had a baby last year and she got the doctor to write the gender in an envelope and give it to her friend who went and put blue confetti in a balloon for her to burst and find out. '

' Are you serious ?! WE ARE DOING THAT. WILL YOU GUYS DO THAT FOR ME. '

' OF COURSE, YAY .'

' Will you come to the doctor with us. '

' Oh we were coming whether you wanted us or not .'

I laughed and stood up. ' I'm gonna go and wake Noah.. If this baby won't let me sleep, he isn't sleeping either. '

I closed the door as I walked out and turned into my room, only the bed was empty. ' Noah? '..

There was no answer. I shrugged and walked downstairs, the smell of pancakes from the kitchen was incredible.

I walked into the kitchen expecting to find June cooking, but instead it was Noah. Standing at the stove wearing only his boxers flipping pancakes.

' Well this is a pleasant surprise. '

' Morning baby. You hungry? '

' I'm always hungry.. '

' Mom apologised she can't be there today, she's been called into an emergency board meeting. ' He said as he laid a plate of pancakes in front of me. I told him Rachel's balloon idea over breakfast and he loved it.

At 1 it was time to head to the hospital. I sat nervously in the car, noah rested the hand he wasn't driving with on my leg. The girl at the reception desk was a beautiful brunette.

' Name '

' Elle Evans '

' Doctor '

' Angela Courtney '

' Here alone? '

' No.. I'm her boyfriend . '

' Oh.. really? ' Noah clamped a protective arm around my back. I could tell he was about to say something. I squeezed his hand, urging him not to.

' Any other questions? '

' No thats it. You can head to the waiting room ' She winked at Noah, that was it.I stepped forward and leaned over the counter ' Oh by the way, mind your own damn business.. bitch. ' I returned to Noah and continued walking.

' That's my girl. ' He laughed.

In the room, I put on the familiar blue gown and sat up on the table, grimacing as she put the gel on. I took Noah's hand tightly in mine.

' Anddd here is your baby. ' She smiled and pointed to the screen. There they were, moving around in there. Angela pushed a switch and the sound of the heartbeat filled the whole room.

' Oh . My . God ' The four of us said in unison. I looked up at Noah who was fixated on the screen, a tear fell down his cheek. I pretended I hadn't seen as I knew he would be embarrassed. He turned and whispered to me ' this is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. '

' Now for the gender reveal. '

' Oh actually.. ' I interrupted. ' Could you write it down and give it to Lee and Rachel. We want to fill a balloon with confetti. '

' What a wonderful idea. ' She laughed and jotted the answer down on a piece of paper. Then handing Noah a photo of the scan.

I put my clothes back on and we all headed to the carpark.

' Okay Elle, Lee and I will go and get the balloon and we'll meet you back at the house. '

' Amazing. '

Noah and I headed home, excited knowing our fate was sealed.