54//Never Want It To End

((A/N-ok y'all i'm finna cry please pay attention the song for this chapter is When We Were Young by Adele))

-Hayley

"Mommy! Can we go see daddy Jackson before I go to school?"my grown up, 6 year old Lily asks me as I help her zip up her blue butterfly jacket. Her black and blue 5 Seconds of Summer shirt peeks out of her jacket. She's obsessed with blue butterflies, they're her favorite thing.

They remind her of Jackson.

"No, princess, but we can go after school if you'd like."Calum says from behind me. He walks in the front door with a smile at our daughter. Nia stands behind him with a smile towards me.

I lift Lily into my arms and she attaches to my side."But I wanna show him my fishy drawing!"Lily whines and takes the messily folded up drawing out of her pocket.

"Can I see it?"Nia asks, walking towards her. Lily eagerly hands Nia the drawing and she unfolds it with a small laugh. "It's beautiful, Lily. You're an artist."she compliments her. Lily giggles out a small, "thank you Nia."

I smile at Calum as he rolls his eyes playfully. "Alright, lets get you to school. I don't want you to be late a second time, Lily."

"I promise I'll be quick! I can talk really fast if I try! Just like when I count my numbers! 12345678-"

"Okay, okay,"Calum laughs heartily and nods. "We can go see him."

I grab Lily's small pink and blue backpack and hand it to Calum along with his car keys. Nia takes Calum's hand in his as we all walk out of the house.

It's been 6 years since we've moved back to Australia. Nia and Calum got married that year, and shortly after that Jackson and I followed.

Unfortunately, last year during a car accident, Jackson was picking Lily up from school and a drunk driver sped into them. Jackson used his arm to make sure Lily didn't go into the windshield but the car flipped and he lost his life.

I had lost another love of my life, and Lily had lost one of her fathers.

But we kept moving forward with our lives. I now own a worldwide fashion company, BlueLily Studios. I'm a successful designer and I have a degree in english and fashion. I made it through college.

"Alright we're here,"Nia announces. "We'll wait in the car."

I nod and unbuckle Lily's seatbelt, getting out of the car and holding her hand as we walk up the grassy hill. Up ahead is a giant blossom tree that hangs over a much smaller gravestone.

We reach the top finally and look down at it.

"Hi daddy,"Lily breathes out before taking out her picture. "I made you a picture."

She gently sits down in front of his grave and sets the picture underneath a rock to hold it still. "It's a picture of me and you if we were fishes. I made you have blue eyes because I still remember you have blue eyes."

She pauses to wipe her eyes with the back of her sleeve.

"Last night mommy took us to Wendy's and we got frosty's and fries. They're your favorite snack, remember?"

A wave of sadness hits me as the memories flow back through my mind.

————
"That's insane, you've never had french fries with a frosty?"

"No, growing up I was never allowed to have fast food."I laugh out.

"Well, that just tells me that next time I take you out we're going to Wendy's."he chuckles. A smile plays on his lips.