50//Bittersweet

((A/N- i told y'all to expect time skips lol now get ready to cry the song for this chapter is Not About Angels by Birdy))

-3rd Person POV

It's been exactly 6 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 21 hours, and 37 minutes since Calum said he would visit Hayley.

It never happened.

They've been touring and not before long, he kind of forgot about her and the situation. He's been focused on his relationship with Nia. They've been getting even more closer and soon enough, Calum proposed to her.

She said yes.

They're happily in love, yes, Calum is in love with Nia now. He's fully moved on from Hayley and is in love with Nia Lovelis- soon to be Hood. They've had talks about starting a family but he feels like they should wait just a little longer, and does she.

The guys are all happy for them, they all remember Hayley, but they think it's best not to bring her up. They haven't been updated nor have they checked how far along she is, or when she's due, or what she's going to do when the baby is born. Gracie still keeps in touch with her every day, making sure she's well, but doesn't say a word to the guys. She's irritated by Luke's behavior towards Hayley, but she doesn't say anything.

On the other side, Hayley is now 8 months into her pregnancy with her baby girl, Lily. She hasn't decided who's last name Lily will get but when the time comes, she trusts that she'll know.

Jackson, the man that Hayley very slowly but surely fell in love with, has changed. He's a good man now. He hasn't laid a single harmful finger on her, and he never will. He's taken care of Hayley every step of the way. Through every sad and heartbreaking moment to the happy and joyful ones.

Sadly, Hayley's father passed away 4 months ago due to cancer- and Hayley didn't even know he had it. That was a dark time for her and Jackson was there to hold her up through all of it.

Whenever she refused to eat anything, he would hold her close and make her understand that she had a baby inside of her. So she ate.

Then, what Hayley never thought would happen, happened. Jackson came home one day with pamphlets about going to the military. They argued, fought, cried and sat down and had a long discussion about it.

Soon enough, he went off to war. Hayley was then, 6 months pregnant. They agreed that they would always write each other, and in their last moment before he left they stood in the airport, holding each other tightly.

"Stay safe, Jackson. Remember you have a family to come home to that loves you."she told him.

And he would carry those words in his heart while he was out on the battlefield.

In the 2 past months that he's been gone, she still continues her designs and tries to keep herself healthy enough to keep the baby okay.

She moved back in with her mother for a short time, forgetting all about going to college on campus and just doing it online. Her mother took care of her and she did the same for her mother. Ever since the death of her dad, they needed each other.

A few people here and there would notice her because of her past with Calum, and would get a picture with her, others would notice her because she designed one of their favorite celebrities dresses or suits.

Hayley was starting to become partially well known.

Then, at 7 months, Hayley received a phone call from Gracie telling her that her and Luke had broken up. It was heartbreaking for Hayley to hear her best friend sobbing about how much she loved him but couldn't be around him anymore. Hayley invited her out to New York to live with her.

And now at 8 months, Gracie and Hayley have moved into a house together. They've both lost all contact with the band, or anyone in Australia. Now, they only focus on Lily, who's growing in Hayley stomach, Hayley's designs, and Gracie is now doing cosmetics.

She does make up and hair for several celebrities while they tour. Her most recent client was Troye Sivan. Gracie worked with him for while he stayed in New York.

Everything is working out fine in everyone's lives. It's bittersweet.

Calum is soon to get married to Nia.

Hayley is soon to give birth to his daughter, who's he barely knows about, but she's okay with that.

It's for the best, she tells herself.

All she focuses on is Lily and her well being, and her career.

If life doesn't think it's right for Calum to be in her life, then so be it. It's one less problem for her that she would worry about.

——————————————

A/N-

that song is so sad omg i'm so sorry bUt it's PERFECT

lol also the book is almost over :)

-Jenna💕