1//Introduction

((A/N- The song for this chapter is Perfect by One Direction (the stripped version))

-Hayley

"Uh, no thanks, I can set everything up by myself."I smile at the nice guy from across the street who offered to help.

He's way too cute to be talking to me but okay. We're going to ignore that.

"Alright. You know where I'm at if you need anything else. Welcome to the neighborhood."he smiles. I nod. I watch as he walks out of my front door, letting myself finally breathe of relief.

He was way too tall to be standing over me for the rest of the night.

I look around at my house. The only things set up are my couch and my TV stand. I smile to myself and let out a small laugh.

"I have my own house!"I laugh out.

I walk through the large living room and make it to the kitchen. My table is already set up with the chairs set around the four sides.

I walk around the counter and stand in front of the kitchen sink before opening the window that sits above it.

A house sits right across from me. I wonder who lives there...

I shrug and start unloading my plates and cups into the cupboards.

This is gonna be a long night.

————

-Calum

"Alright, thanks George! I'll see you later."I smile at my driver and get out of the car, grabbing my luggage from the back seat. I close the door and stare up at my house.

Home.

I hurriedly walk up the front steps and turn the door knob open before swinging the door open to the sweet air of my house hitting me in the face.

I smile and laugh. "Anyone home?"I call out.

A head peeks out and her eyes widen and a large grin peeks on her face. "Calum!"she yells and runs up to me, wrapping her arms around me tightly. I laugh and wrap my arms around her too.

"Hey, Mali."I smile and embrace her. "Your hair grew?"she says backing up from me. I laugh and nod. "Yeah."

"And you're taller than I remember?"she chuckles, holding a hand to her hip. "So are you. It's called growing up, doofus."I laugh and walk in further, setting my bags aside and closing the door.

I furrow my eyebrows, realizing something.

"Where's Duke?"I ask.

Just then the sound of little skidding across the wooden floor is heard and I see my dog running towards me with his tongue flying. I laugh and kneel down.

"Hey boy!"I say rubbing his head as he licks my hand.

"Oh yeah, you have a new neighbor."Mali speaks up. I raise an eyebrow and stand up. "I do?"I ask.

"Yeah. You didn't see the girl next door with the lights on while you were walking up?"she asks. "No. Should I go...say hi?"I ask. She rolls her eyes and nudges me towards the door. "Obviously, dimwit."she chuckles. I smile and shrug. "Alright."I sigh and make my way back out.

-Hayley

I finish setting up my coffee table and stand up with a long sigh.

There's a loud knocking at my door, slightly scaring me. I furrow my eyebrows and look at my phone.