Chapter 78

~Riley's POV~

After I got home from Ross' and redid my makeup, my parents started loading our stuff into a moving truck.

"Don't touch my stuff." I demanded when they came into my room.

"We need to load it up." my dad said.

"I'm not moving so get out of my room!" I yelled before slamming my door.

For some reason, I need Ross. I need him to hug me and tell me everything is going to be okay.

"Hey Ri." he said into the phone.

"I need you."

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Please come over."

"Ok. Open your window. I'm on my way." Ross said before hanging up.

I went to the other side of my room and opened the window. Ross would climb up the side of my house. He's done it ever since we were little. I've always told him that he's going to die but whatever.

"Hey." he said with a smile.

"I don't want to leave." I said, running into his arms.

"You aren't going anywhere. I love you." he mumbled against my neck.

"You still love me?"

"I've never stopped and I never will." Ross answered.

"I love you too."

"I can't live without you, Riley. You're all that I want." Ross said.

His lips were only about an inch from mine. I wanted to kiss him so badly.

"Ross." I moaned after our lips brushed against each others.

"Please." Ross begged.

"We aren't together anymore." I said, pulling away from him.

"You get me all worked up and then shoot me down." Ross mumbled as he sat on my bed.

"I'm sorry that I put you through this." I said.

"I need to go help Rydel set up for tonight." Ross said, walking toward the door.

"You should probably go out the window."

"Right. I lo- fuck it." Ross mumbled as he climbed out the window.

I sat down on my breath and signed. I started putting boxes in my closet so my parents would think that everything is packed.

After doing that, I decided to get ready for tonight. A nice, simple outfit will do.

¤Tonight¤

"Why won't Ross talk to me?" I asked Rydel who was standing next to me.

"He told me earlier that it was too emotional for him to talk to you, knowing it could be his last." Rydel explained.

Just then, Ross grabbed a guitar and went to sit on the row of stools. Rydel soon ran over and joined her siblings.

"Hey guys. I wrote this very emotional song for tonight. We all know that my best friend and her sister are leaving the Hollywood family and moving to NYC. I've done a lot of crappy things to Riley over the years and this song kind of sums it up." Ross said into the mic.

Tear drops in your hazel eyes

I can't believe I made you cry

It feels so long since we went wrong

But you're still on my mind

Never meant to break your heart

Sometimes things just fall apart

So heres one night to make it right

Before we say goodbye

So wait up, wait up

Give me one more chance

To make up, make up

I just need one last dance

Freshman year I saw your face

Now its graduation day

Said we'd be friends, till the end

Can we start again?

So wait up, wait up

Give me one more chance

To make up, make up

I just need one last dance

Na na na na oh-oh

Na na na na oh-oh

I heard you're heading east

So lets just make our peace

So when you think of me

You'll smile, and I'll smile

So wait up, wait up

Give me one more chance

To make up, make up

I just need one last dance

So wait up, wait up

Give me one more chance

Just one song, then I'll move on

Give me one last dance

I just need one last dance with you

Oh-woah

Ross had tears in his eyes when he was done singing. I had tears in my eyes too.

"Riley, please don't leave me." Ross cried.

I looked at Ross, then my parents, and back to Ross. I ran up to Ross and he enveloped me in his arms.

"I'm not going anywhere. Ever." I cried, letting my tears fall on his shoulder.

"Riley. We are going to let you and Rowan stay. Seeing how much Ross really cares about you made us think that you 2 are meant to be." my dad said, interrupting our hug.

"Are you serious?" I practically screamed.

"Yes. Be careful Ross." my dad said sternly.

"I promise."

"We will be heading home now." my mom said before hugging Rowan and I.

"Riley, will you be my girlfriend again?" Ross asked.

"Yes."

¤Late that night¤

Ross and I are laying in bed after having some fun. It was all quiet until my phone started ringing.

"Hello." I said.

"Is this Riley?"

"Yes." I said, getting nervous.

"I'm sorry to wake you but I have some news. Your parents have been in a plane crash and they didn't make it."

¤

¤

Idek.

-Hanna♡